Press release from Business Wire
CITI Introduces Acclaimed App for iPad To Global Marketplace
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>Built in the U.S., Citibank® for iPad is Now Available in Russia and Hong Kong and Coming Soon to Other Key Markets throughout Asia, Latin America and Europe</i> </p>
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
CITI Introduces Acclaimed App for iPad To Global Marketplace10:00 EDT Tuesday, May 07, 2013
NEW YORK (Business Wire) -- Citi today announced a global rollout of its acclaimed Citibank® for iPad app. Designed and launched in the U.S. in 2011, Citibank for iPad was released recently in Russia and Hong Kong. Throughout 2013, Citi plans to launch the app in other key markets in Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Europe. Once live in a particular market, the app enables Citi customers with bank or credit card accounts there to access their account information and perform transactions on their iPad devices. The global rollout of Citibank for iPad is the latest example of Citi's efforts to use its global footprint to bring the latest in digital banking to customers in cities throughout the world.
“The rollout of Citibank for iPad marks the most recent example where Citi has helped to simplify the lives of its customers by bringing them top-tier digital banking wherever they are in the world,” said Marc Luet, Citi Chief Executive Officer of Consumer Banking in Europe the Middle East and Africa. “Citibank for iPad has been heralded in the US as the leading bank tablet app because of its state-of-the-art design and features. We are pleased to bring its advanced capabilities to the ever growing number of mobile users.”
With the launch of Citibank for iPad, Citi became the first major U.S. bank to depart from traditional ledger-style banking and offer graphs and visual representations of consumer banking accounts and transactions. The app has been continuously recognized as the industry leader by research consultancies and industry observers:
- In January 2012, Forrester Research Inc. issued a report entitled, Case Study: Citibank's Tablet App Transforms the Digital Banking Experience . According to the report's authors, “eBusiness professionals at retail banks – and other financial institutions – should pay close attention to what Citibank has done, particularly its willingness to experiment and try out new ideas in a brand-new channel.”
- In April 2012, Javelin Strategy & Research's Tablet and Banking Report identified Citi as a tablet banking market leader, pointing to its progressive apps for tablets.
- In September 2012, Citibank won a prestigious Meffy Award in the Innovation for App category for the Citibank for iPad app.
- In October 2012, Citibank for iPad won Gold in the “Best Use of Digital in the Financial Services Sector” category at the Digital Impact Awards.
- In March 2013, Mapa Research's Tablet Banking Series Report stated, “Citibank's tablet apps were consistently identified as some of the most innovative based on the bank's investment into a consistently applied tablet strategy that is constant, communicable and clearly visible through all of its banking tablet apps.”
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://new.citi.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi
© 2013 Citigroup Inc. Citibank, N.A., Member FDIC. Citi, Citi with Arc Design and Citibank are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Andrew Brent, 212-559-1299