Press release from Business Wire
Guidance Software Highlights Cyber Response, Digital Investigations and E-Discovery at CEIC® 2013
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>New EnCase® Analytics Product to be Unveiled</i> </p>
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Guidance Software Highlights Cyber Response, Digital Investigations and E-Discovery at CEIC® 201308:05 EDT Wednesday, May 08, 2013
PASADENA, Calif. (Business Wire) -- Guidance Software (NASDAQ: GUID), the World Leader in Digital Investigations™, today announced the final agenda for CEIC 2013, one of the largest international gatherings with a focus on the latest developments in cybersecurity, digital investigations and e-discovery. CEIC 2013 will be held May 19-22, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Florida. Visit the CEIC 2013 website for the agenda and to register: http://www.ceicconference.com/.
Follow the CEIC discussion on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/CEIC_Conf or @CEIC_Conf.
General Michael Hayden, the former Director of both the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency, will address the CEIC audience through his industry keynote on emerging global cyber attack hotspots. More than 110 sessions presented by the world's foremost experts in the legal, corporate, law enforcement and government sectors will offer best practices, success stories, labs and practical solutions to help corporations and government agencies learn how to defend against digital threats.
Session topics and speakers include:
- Incident Response and Credit Card Fraud Investigations (Joey Smith, MasterCard Worldwide)
- How to Layer Threat Intelligence Into Your Enterprise Environment (Dean DeBeer, ThreatGrid)
- Corporate eDiscovery Best Practices using EnCase Enterprise and E-Discovery (Scott Van Nice, Proctor & Gamble)
- Incident Response 2.0 - Rapid Triage, Containment, and Remediation (Colby Clark, FishNet, Darrell Switzer, FishNet)
- Information Security Risk Assessments (Dawn Romano, Christiana Care Health System)
- E-Discovery Case Law: Tips on Avoiding These Real Life Discovery Disasters (David Horrigan, 451 Research, Patrick Zeller, Gilead)
- Postmortem Forensics In A Phishing Attack (Andrew Donofrio, Cyberology Consultants)
- Speed Up Your IR Investigations with IOCs (Sam Yoon, FireEye)
- The "Trusted" Insider: Investigating Intellectual Property Theft (Warren Kruse, Altep,Michael Barba, BDO, George Wade, Booz, Allen, Hamilton)
- Judicial Perspectives on Current Case Law that Influences E-Discovery (Honorable Vanessa Gilmore, Judge Karla Spaulding, and Judge David Waxse)
- How the World will End: The Spy is in the Cybersphere (Eric O'Neill, The Georgetown Group)
Guidance Software will unveil and describe in-depth EnCase Analytics, its new security intelligence product employing big data analytics. EnCase Analytics empowers customers to find and expose cyber threats hiding behind complex relationships in the wealth of data that exists within the sum of all endpoints of an enterprise. Presentations and demonstrations about EnCase Analytics will be available throughout the conference.
“Cyber fraud and advanced persistent threats on networks, desktops and mobile devices are proliferating. Litigation costs are increasing exponentially. Digital investigations professionals are looking for innovative solutions, core development and personal growth,” said Alex Andrianopoulos, vice president of Marketing for Guidance Software. “Now in its thirteenth year, CEIC has become the premier industry conference for professionals involved in digital investigations, forensics and cybersecurity. We are extremely excited to take this opportunity to unveil EnCase Analytics, our new endpoint analytics solution that brings an entirely new level of visibility into the threats that bypass perimeter security.”
In addition to gaining hands-on instruction and learning new techniques, attendees will have the opportunity to network with their peers, exchange best practices and preview technology and services from Guidance Software and other leading providers in the industry.
Attendees will have the opportunity to earn CPE credit at every session, earn CLE credits, complete the EnCE® exam, the EnCEP® exam, renew EnCE status and have access to hands-on lab exercises.
About Guidance Software, Inc.
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Its EnCase® Enterprise platform is used by numerous government agencies, more than 65 percent of the Fortune 100, and more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500, to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops and mobile devices. Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading electronic discovery and cyber security solutions, EnCase® eDiscovery and EnCase® Cybersecurity, which enable organizations to respond to litigation discovery requests, proactively perform data discovery for compliance purposes, and conduct speedy and thorough security incident response. For more information about Guidance Software, visit www.guidancesoftware.com.
EnCase®, EnScript®, FastBloc®, EnCE®, EnCEP®, Guidance Software™ and Tableau™ are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Guidance Software in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights referenced in this press release are the property of their respective owners.
Brigitte Engel, 626-229-9191
Ross Levanto/Davida Dinerman