Press release from Business Wire
D&B's Groundbreaking Predictive Analytics Solutions Offer Businesses the Edge to Drive Growth
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
D&B's Groundbreaking Predictive Analytics Solutions Offer Businesses the Edge to Drive Growth11:30 EDT Tuesday, May 14, 2013
SHORT HILLS, N.J. (Business Wire) -- D&B (NYSE: DNB), the world's leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, today introduced a suite of four new products that help businesses reduce risk and find growth opportunities by providing more precision and foresight in segmenting and evaluating their customers. The suite of new advanced analytic products includes:
- D&B's Viability Rating ™ delivers a highly reliable, comprehensive assessment of the probability that a company will no longer be in business within the next 12 months. The rating is based on four key components: Viability Score, Portfolio Comparison, Data Depth Indicator and Company Profile. With D&B Viability Rating, customers get a comprehensive snapshot view of a business in an increasingly complex world.
- D&B Total Loss Predictor ™ identifies companies with a high risk of defaulting on their very first payment to a business. This unique, totally new score is aimed at helping to protect businesses from experiencing a total loss with a new customer.
- D&B Delinquency Predictor ™ is designed specifically for credit managers focused on late payments. This score, an updated version of the D&B Commercial Credit Score (CCS), combines new data sources and advanced analytics to provide, on average, 20% predictive lifts over the current solution. It allows the credit manager to lead credit decisioning with confidence, while identifying opportunities to increase sales.
- D&B Supplier Evaluation Risk Rating ™ is D&B's enhanced version of the current Supplier Evaluation Risk Rating (SER), fortified with additional supplier data and market-leading predictive analytics. The D&B SER rating provides powerful supplier knowledge by combining key risk indicators into a single rating, enabling businesses to proactively identify troubled suppliers and help prevent costly supply chain disruptions.
In a world of constant change, businesses are looking for a competitive edge to find their way among shifting marketplace realities. Faced with ever-expanding data, unprecedented globalization, economic uncertainty and ongoing technological shifts, today's businesses are challenged to do more with less – and uncover growth while staying ahead of risk.
Businesses that succeed depend on actionable insights and a clear point of view that reveal tomorrow's opportunities. D&B has long provided this informed perspective. This new suite of market-sensing, intuitive analytic solutions gives businesses the edge to anticipate tomorrow, today.
“We believe these products have the potential to transform the marketplace,” said Paul Ballew, Chief Data & Analytic Officer, D&B. “Decision-makers simply can't derive the necessary value from their own data. We're changing that with precise, perceptive, forward-looking solutions that give businesses the insight they need to uncover tomorrow's opportunities today.”
The products have been in pilot testing since early this year, with compelling results:
- With the Delinquency Predictor score, credit managers can expect an average predictive lift of 23 percent over the D&B Commercial Credit Score. In some cases, the actual lift was as high as 80 percent.
- The Total Loss Predictor offers customers protection against companies that will never pay. On a fuel card portfolio, for example, it identified 200 more high risk accounts than the company's existing processes. If identified before extending credit, the company could have avoided $1.4M in bad debt expense.
- A large bank used the D&B Viability Rating to improve the efficiency of their marketing campaigns to expand their loan portfolio. The customer found that this rating could identify market segments with response rates 4 times higher than traditional methods.
D&B's new Predictive Analytics are now available in many of D&B's solutions in North America, including DNBi and Supplier Risk Manager, as well as data-as-a-service offerings.
To learn more about D&B's portfolio of Predictive Analytics solutions, please visit www.dnb.com/predictiveanalytics.
About Dun & Bradstreet® (D&B)
Dun & Bradstreet (NYSE:DNB) is the world's leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, enabling companies to Decide with Confidence® for 171 years. D&B's global commercial database contains more than 225 million business records. The database is enhanced by D&B's proprietary DUNSRight® Quality Process, which provides our customers with quality business information. This quality information is the foundation of our global solutions that customers rely on to make critical business decisions.
D&B provides two solution sets that meet a diverse set of customer needs globally. Customers use D&B Risk Management Solutions™ to mitigate credit and supplier risk, increase cash flow and drive increased profitability; and D&B Sales & Marketing Solutions™ to provide data management capabilities that provide effective and cost efficient marketing solutions and to convert prospects into clients by enabling business professionals to research companies, executives and industries.
For more information, please visit www.dnb.com.
Dun & Bradstreet
Roger Sachs, CFA
Dun & Bradstreet