Press release from Business Wire
Motorola's New Freezer-Rated Solutions Deliver Better Cold Chain Efficiencies
<p> <i>Psion Omnii XT15f and VH10 series expand warehouse and cold chain portfolio</i> </p>
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Motorola's New Freezer-Rated Solutions Deliver Better Cold Chain Efficiencies08:00 EDT Tuesday, May 14, 2013
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (Business Wire) -- Freezers and the end-to-end cold chain present some of the most extreme and unforgiving environments for computing hardware. Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced three new products that will withstand the demands of extremely cold environments. The Omnii XT15f is the latest addition to the Psion Omnii line of rugged handhelds, and the VH10 and VH10f are new vehicle-mounted mobile computers designed specifically for operation in the freezer and heavy condensation applications. Together these new offerings provide maximum productivity and flawless fulfillment in the most challenging customer environments including the busiest warehouses and coldest supply chains.
The Omnii XT15f and VH10f are designed for use in freezers that include the housing of perishable food and temperature-controlled refrigerators storing medications. The extreme cold of these environments slows displays and drains most batteries while condensation is created when a mobile worker moves back and forth from a freezer to a hot and humid loading dock. These environmental conditions can destroy most mobile computers. Motorola's new freezer and condensation-rated mobile computers are engineered to work and thrive in these demanding conditions and come with field replaceable pistol grips, keyboards, touchscreen and data capture options to help simplify repairs while reducing the total cost of ownership.
- The modular Omnii XT15f industrial mobile computer is ideal for data capture and traceability applications in food production and pharmaceutical facilities, warehouses and the grocery market as well as ports and rail yards in cold and humid climates.
- Offering “frost-free” scanning technology for uninterrupted usage, the Omnii XT15f automatically defogs its scan window, ensuring barcode scanning while moving in and out of cold, condensing environments.
- The Omnii XT15f's specialized keyboards are designed to resist freezing keys and overcome ice build-up simply by pressing the keys.
- Featuring an easily identifiable unique blue bezel, the Omnii XT15f is available in condensation-resistant (Chiller) and condensation-free (Arctic) models along with freezer batteries designed specifically for ultra-low temperatures. The Arctic variant's battery can last two times longer than a traditional battery at -30 degrees Celsius.
- The Omnii XT15f Arctic variant features an optically bonded display with integrated heater, eliminating internal display fogging caused by extreme temperature fluctuations.
Psion VH10 and VH10f
- Leveraging the modular Omnii platform, Motorola's rugged VH10 vehicle-mounted mobile computers are intended for forklift trucks, straddle cranes and other vehicles used in warehouses, manufacturing plants and intermodal terminals to help mobile workers make better decisions and respond quicker to business needs.
- With the optional quick-release mount, the VH10 series is easy to install and remove and built to withstand continuous operations in industrial environments providing businesses with greater efficiencies.
- The VH10 series also is equipped with a rugged keyboard with 12 dedicated and configurable function keys to address compatibility requirements with both legacy and web-based warehouse management systems (WMS) and other supply chain enterprise applications.
- The VH10f is optimized for freezer environments with its unique system of heaters for protection against internal and external condensation and includes a heated touchscreen to help improve mobile worker productivity and reduce downtime.
Joe White, vice president of Enterprise Mobile Computing, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions' Psion Omnii XT15f handheld computer and VH10 vehicle-mounted computers address our customers' top supply chain challenges and also meet the unique, demanding needs of the cold chain. By continuing to invest in the modularity and flexibility of the Omnii platform, we are providing stability for our customers while adding the latest technology to help improve productivity and efficiencies in the most challenging environments.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Warehouse Solutions
Video: Motorola Warehouse Innovation: Achieving Flawless Fulfillment
About Motorola Solutions
Psion, now part of Motorola Solutions, is a pioneer in quality mobile handheld computers and their applications in industrial markets around the world. Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Psion and Omnii are trademarks, or registered trademarks, of Psion PLC and subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.