Press release from Business Wire
Tower Dome Terminals From 3M Offer True Plug-and-Play Connectivity
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>-- Craft-friendly cell site cable management solutions improve network reliability and help reduce operating costs --</i> </p>
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Tower Dome Terminals From 3M Offer True Plug-and-Play Connectivity08:01 EDT Tuesday, May 14, 2013
AUSTIN, Texas (Business Wire) -- A new product family from the 3M Communication Markets Division offers wireless network operators an easy, scalable and flexible method for managing fiber and power cables at the cell site. 3M™ Tower Dome Terminals simplify cable management, weatherproof sensitive connections, and enable quick and easy installation, leading to reduced operating costs and improved network reliability. The product family will launch at CTIA 2013, to be held May 20-23 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
3M(TM) Tower Dome Terminals simplify cable management, weatherproof sensitive connections, and enable quick and easy installation, leading to reduced operating costs and improved network reliability. (Photo: Business Wire)
3M Tower Dome Terminals offer solutions for fiber-to-the-antenna (FTTA) cabling configurations commonly used in advanced 3G and LTE/4G networks, including trunked fiber cables, power cables and hybrid cables. The terminals are used at the cell site where fiber and power feeder cables connect to the jumper cables leading to remote radio units (RRUs).
The 3M difference is in the design:
- The plug-and-play External Cable Assembly Module (ECAM) system, exclusive to 3M, enables fast, craft-friendly installation and sealing. The system allows cables to be prepared for installation on the ground at the cell site and/or factory. On the tower, the ECAM plugs containing the cables simply snap into the terminal ports, so the tower hand spends less time in the air performing cumbersome tasks, such as sealing and strain-relieving cable ports.
- The IP68-rated terminals (with integrated fixed O-ring) provide a highly reliable, weather-tight seal and reduce the chance of installation error, helping to protect network reliability.
- A tool-less dome latching mechanism allows quick sealing and re-entry for easy changes and maintenance.
- Designed to enhance performance and signal integrity, the terminals separately manage fiber and power cables and accommodate standard fiber bend radius specifications.
- The terminal's modular design allows the addition of optional surge protectors or power terminal blocks, enhancing system flexibility. The product family can accommodate up to 12 RRUs.
- The terminal's small, sturdy mounting bracket and low-profile design help reduce tower loading and further simplify installation.
Find out more about 3M solutions for the cell site here.
About 3M Communication Markets Division
For more than 50 years, products from 3M have formed the backbone of the telecommunications industry. Global customers have come to rely on 3M quality to connect and protect their infrastructure. As a network of networks, the 3M Communication Markets Division connects smart grids to smart phones, wind farms to server farms, greenfield to brownfield and wireline to wireless. Today, 3M is taking fiber further, moving mobility forward and maximizing networks – from xDSL to the enterprise. Find out more.
A recognized leader in research and development, 3M produces thousands of innovative products for dozens of diverse markets. More information about 3M Company is available online.
3M is a trademark of 3M Company.
Jane Kovacs, 512-984-6747
For all other inquiries: