Press release from Business Wire
AIG Announces Results of Its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
AIG Announces Results of Its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders16:47 EDT Wednesday, May 15, 2013
NEW YORK (Business Wire) -- Shareholders of American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) today elected thirteen directors at the company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders. The shareholders also voted to support each of the five proposals recommended by the AIG Board of Directors and, as the AIG Board recommended, shareholders withheld support for the shareholder proposal submitted for consideration.
The results were as follows:
(1) Elected thirteen directors as follows:
|Nominee||Votes For||Votes Against|
|Robert H. Benmosche||1,062,031,885||3,431,131|
|W. Don Cornwell||1,058,334,321||7,041,683|
|John H. Fitzpatrick||1,061,937,908||3,344,902|
|William G. Jurgensen||1,060,055,547||5,242,383|
|Christopher S. Lynch||1,061,894,035||3,402,130|
|Arthur C. Martinez||989,160,368||75,986,646|
|George L. Miles, Jr.||884,527,872||155,090,431|
|Henry S. Miller||1,061,867,400||3,423,336|
|Robert S. Miller||1,060,830,886||4,456,635|
|Suzanne Nora Johnson||1,057,713,166||7,609,363|
|Ronald A. Rittenmeyer||1,060,610,391||4,667,657|
|Douglas M. Steenland||1,061,358,707||3,942,917|
|Theresa M. Stone||1,059,925,260||5,350,345|
(2) Approved, by a vote of 1,018,324,941 shares for and 45,777,627 shares against, the American International Group, Inc. 2013 Omnibus Incentive Plan.
(3) Approved, by a vote of 1,041,842,162 shares for and 18,739,047 shares against, a non-binding advisory resolution to approve executive compensation.
(4) Approved, by a vote of 962,446,572 shares for a non-binding advisory resolution to hold future executive compensation advisory votes on an annual basis, with a vote of 822,578 shares to hold such advisory vote every two years and 99,366,014 shares to hold such advisory vote every three years.
(5) Approved, by a vote of 1,184,519,620 shares for and 11,240,939 shares against, the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as AIG's independent registered public accounting firm for 2013.
(6) Rejected, by a vote of 24,150,079 shares for and 1,032,023,241 shares against, a shareholder proposal relating to restricting service on other boards by directors of AIG.
In line with the AIG Board's recommendation and today's shareholder approval, the AIG Board determined that AIG will hold future non-binding advisory shareholder votes to approve executive compensation on an annual basis until the next non-binding advisory shareholder vote on the frequency of shareholder votes on executive compensation, which will occur no later than AIG's 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig |Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig |
AIG is the marketing name for the worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operations of American International Group, Inc. For additional information, please visit our website at www.aig.com. All products and services are written or provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. Products or services may not be available in all jurisdictions, and coverage is subject to actual policy language. Non-insurance products and services may be provided by independent third parties. Certain property-casualty coverages may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds, and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds.
American International Group, Inc.
Jon Diat, 212-770-3505
Liz Werner, 212-770-7074