Press release from Business Wire
Sterling Bank Kicks off Relay for Life Events with American Cancer Society
<p class='bwalignc'> <b>Community bank sponsors 19 Pacific Northwest relays; first relay is tomorrow in southwest Washington</b> </p>
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Sterling Bank Kicks off Relay for Life Events with American Cancer Society17:00 EDT Thursday, May 16, 2013
SPOKANE, Wash. (Business Wire) -- Sterling Bank is working with the American Cancer Society to raise funds and awareness by sponsoring 19 Relay For Life events throughout Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Sterling Bank-sponsored participants join 4 million individuals in more than 20 countries who rally each year to support the fight against cancer.
“So many of us have been touched by cancer in some form or another ― whether it be a personal battle or by helping a family member, friend or colleague through the fight,” said Marty Dickinson, executive vice president of marketing and communications for Sterling Bank. “The Relay For Life events are a great way to show support, and Sterling Bank is pleased to be able to make a positive impact in our communities.”
Sterling Bank is committed to nurturing the health and vibrancy of the communities it serves and does so by supporting organizations like the American Cancer Society through partnerships, contributions and volunteerism. Sterling Bank continues to grow its community-giving program, and its employees donated more than 53,000 volunteer hours in 2012 to nonprofits in need.
Washington Relays Launch Sponsorship Season
The 19 Sterling-sponsored Relay For Life events will be held throughout Sterling Bank's footprint starting May 17 with events in Lewis County and Okanogan County in Washington. The Lewis County event, which brings together participants from the Washington communities of Winlock, Centralia and Chehalis, will begin at 4 p.m. at the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds. The Okanogan County event will start at 6 p.m. at Okanogan High School in Oroville.
Sterling Bank urges participants and supporters to share their Relay For Life photos and stories on Sterling Bank's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/SterlingBank, Twitter and Instagram with #SterlingRelay4Life hashtag. For each post, tweet or share during a Relay For Life event, participants can receive a free glow-in-the-dark Frisbee at the Sterling Bank tent (while quantities last).
The complete schedule of Sterling Bank-sponsored Relay For Life events is as follows:
- May 17-18: Winlock/Centralia/Chehalis, Wash.; SW Washington Fairgrounds, 4:00 p.m.
- May 17-18: Oroville, Wash.; Okanogan High School, 6 p.m.
- May 31-June 1: Montesano, Wash.; Hoquiam High School, 6 p.m.
- June 7-8: Ontario, Ore.; Ontario High School, 6 p.m.
- June 14-15: Tacoma/Gig Harbor, Wash.; Mt. Tahoma High School, 6 p.m.
- June 14-15: Elma, Wash.; Grays Harbor Fairgrounds, 6 p.m.
- June 21-22: Lacey, Wash.; Timberline High School, 6 p.m.
- June 21-22: Lynden, Wash.; NW Washington Fair & Events Center, 6 p.m.
- June 22-23: Coos Bay/North Bend, Ore.; Sunset Middle School, 1 p.m.
- June 22-23: Spokane Valley, Wash.; University High School, 6 p.m.
- June 28-29: Pasco, Wash.; Edgar Brown Memorial Stadium, 6 p.m.
- June 29-30: Coquille, Ore.; Coquille High School, 5 p.m.
- July 12-13: Ritzville, Wash.; Ritzville High School, 6 p.m.
- July 12-13: Boise/Meridian, Idaho; Bishop Kelly High School, 6 p.m.
- July 19-20: Moses Lake, Wash.; Grant County Fairgrounds, 6 p.m.
- July 26-27: Othello, Wash.; Othello High School, 6 p.m.
- July 27-28: Baker City/John Day, Ore.; Baker High School, 6 p.m.
- Aug. 9-10: Florence, Ore.; Florence High School, 12 p.m.
About Sterling Bank
Sterling Savings Bank, the principal operating subsidiary of Sterling Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:STSA) of Spokane, Washington, is a Washington state chartered and federally insured commercial bank. Sterling Savings Bank does business as Sterling Bank and, in California, as Sonoma Bank and Borrego Springs Bank. Sterling offers banking products and services, mortgage lending, and trust and investment products to individuals, small businesses, corporations and other commercial organizations. As of March 31, 2013, Sterling had assets of $9.26 billion and operated depository branches in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California. Visit Sterling's website at www.bankwithsterling.com.
About Relay for Life
At Relay For Life events, communities come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much. Relay teams camp out overnight and take turns walking or running around a track or path at a local high school, park or fairground. Relay events are up to 24 hours in length and, because cancer never sleeps, each team is asked to have at least one participant on the track at all times. Every year, the Relay For Life movement raises more than $400 million. The American Cancer Society puts these donations to work, investing in groundbreaking research in every type of cancer and providing free information and services to cancer patients and their caregivers. To find or register for an event, or to learn more, please visit www.relayforlife.org.
Cara L. Coon, 509-626-5348