Press release from Business Wire
Herbalife Mexico Recognized for its Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Herbalife Mexico Recognized for its Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility10:00 EDT Wednesday, May 29, 2013
LOS ANGELES (Business Wire) -- Global nutrition company, Herbalife (NYSE: HLF), has received an award for its corporate social responsibility program in Mexico. The award, which was presented to Herbalife at the VI Latin American Meeting of Socially Responsible Companies in Mexico City, recognizes the company's commitment to provide a substantial contribution to improving the quality of life of people in the different places where it operates.
This is the third consecutive year that Herbalife has received this recognition, which is awarded by the Mexican Center for Philanthropy (Cemefi) and the Alliance for Social Responsibility in Mexico (AliaRse). Companies are judged on a number of key criteria, established by Cemefi, which include social responsibility in management; business ethics; community engagement; and preservation and environmental enforcement.
Since Herbalife began operations in Mexico, it has worked closely with its independent distributors, employees, and authorities to develop and deliver initiatives and programs targeting the welfare of the community. These include:
- Enforcement of a strict code of ethics amongst all employees.
- Support of the national campaign “Let's Know More About Human Rights”; highlighting it in Herbalife's 31 sales centers in Mexico, and also to employees in its Mexico City and Guadalajara offices.
- Recognition as a Health Responsible Company by the Health Ministry of Mexico City and the Business Council of Health and Welfare for the way Herbalife promotes and supports wellness among its employees.
- Re-forestation campaigns conducted with its employees.
- Training provided to more than 40 suppliers in corporate social responsibility.
- Since 2010, participation in the UN's Global Compact initiative.
About Herbalife Ltd.
Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF) is a global nutrition company that sells weight-management, nutrition and personal care products intended to support a healthy lifestyle. Herbalife products are sold in more than 80 countries to and through a network of independent distributors. The company supports the Herbalife Family Foundation and its Casa Herbalife program to help bring good nutrition to children. Herbalife's website contains information about Herbalife, including financial and other information at www.herbalife.com.
About The Mexican Center for Philanthropy (Cemefi)
The Mexican Center for Philanthropy, which was founded in 1988, is a non-profit organization unaffiliated to any political party, race or religion. Currently, Cemefi has more than 700 partners, including foundations, civil society organizations, corporations, and individuals who work to promote civic participation in different fields: education, health, human rights, community development, technology, art, culture, and public good.
Julian Cacchioli, 213-745-0519
Elizabeth Solis, +52 3770-5400