Press release from Business Wire
Managed Solutions for Hospitality to Play a Critical Role in a Changing Hotel Landscape
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
Managed Solutions for Hospitality to Play a Critical Role in a Changing Hotel Landscape09:00 EDT Tuesday, June 04, 2013
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (Business Wire) -- High-quality Wi-Fi service is one of the top amenities for today's travelers according to a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) in April 2013.
The survey, based on responses from 500 North America hotel guests including business and recreational travelers, found that the average guest is walking in the door with multiple wireless devices. As a result, hotel operators are seeing a huge demand for Wi-Fi service and in many cases that demand is not being effectively met. The survey also reveals that while Wi-Fi offers opportunities for service differentiation, these may be overlooked with the tendency to manage Wi-Fi as part of an IT cost. By expanding the Wi-Fi presence in their properties, hoteliers have an opportunity to satisfy a key customer demand and differentiate themselves with value-added services.
SURVEY KEY FACTS
- 34 percent of travelers responded that they would not stay at a hotel without #WiFi @MotoSolutions Tweet This
- 38 percent of hotel guests complain that they cannot log on with multiple devices @MotoSolutions Tweet This
- More than half of business travelers said they would pay $1-$10 for 24 hours of great wireless access @MotoSolutions Tweet This
MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS KEY FACTS
- Motorola Solutions is focused on expanding the opportunity for hospitality managers to differentiate with Wi-Fi by offering Managed Services to support four key initiatives:
- Maintaining the performance, availability, and security of the WLAN serving the hotel property.
- Delivering Wi-Fi based Guest Access that can be personalized based on Wi-Fi analytics to match the needs and hotel service goals for a specific guest or category of guests.
- Using Wi-Fi based Staff communication technologies to improve service delivery by all hotel departments
- Driving new revenues built on expanded Guest Access capability in areas like conference centers, common areas and meeting rooms.
The results of the Forrester study will be shared in detail during an upcoming webinar hosted by Hospitality Technology on June 6 at 2 p.m. EDT.
Motorola Solutions will demonstrate its wireless and mobile solutions – including its WLAN solutions ideal for the hospitality market – at HITEC 2013 booth #1053, taking place June 24-27 in Minneapolis.
David Thomas, vice president, solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Today's travelers not only expect hotels to deliver Wi-Fi, but also insist it be fast and reliable. They also are looking for better service. Managed Services for Hospitality combines unique Motorola technologies with day-to-day operational management to create Wi-Fi environments that deliver the experience that guests want and hotels need to keep up with changing expectations.”
Website: Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
White Paper: Hospitality Thought Leadership Paper
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Industry Analyst Relations Contact: