Press release from Business Wire
Hotels Look to Wireless Access as Key Differentiator for Best Guest Experience
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Hotels Look to Wireless Access as Key Differentiator for Best Guest Experience09:00 EDT Wednesday, June 05, 2013
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. (Business Wire) -- For hoteliers to stay competitive, they need to look beyond room cost and consider improving their guest wireless experience, according to a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) in April 2013.
This survey, which includes responses from 500 participants including North America IT decision-makers with responsibility for WLAN/Wi-Fi at hotels with 25 rooms or more, found there is a gap between expectations and performance of hotel WLAN performance. These IT decision-makers are identifying the complexity of offering guest wireless access, and the need to utilize it as a differentiator for guests in the hotel marketplace.
SURVEY KEY FACTS
- 31 percent of IT decision-makers in hotels find WLAN infrastructure and operations to be lower than business expectations. @MotoSolutions Tweet This
- More than half of hotel business decision-makers understand there are multiple facets to guest wireless and its complexity. @MotoSolutions Tweet This
- 38 percent of IT decision-makers in hotels said a key guest complaint is inability to log on with multiple devices. @MotoSolutions Tweet This
MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS KEY FACTS
Motorola Solutions' comprehensive WLAN portfolio, including recently
announced access points operable on the higher bandwidth standard
of 802.11ac can meet any hotelier's need to improve wireless access.
- A full suite of indoor- and outdoor-rated access points allow hotels to offer wireless service throughout the hotel property and outdoor spaces such as pools and parking lots.
- Wallplates offer flexibility for hotels with existing wired connectivity to enable connectivity in guest rooms.
- Motorola Solutions recently announced an upgrade to its award-winning WiNG 5 software that provides real-time content caching, improving web browsing and mobile app experiences for guests without requiring a major upgrade to the WAN infrastructure.
These results will be shared in detail during an upcoming webinar hosted by Hospitality Technology on June 6 at 2 p.m. EDT.
Motorola Solutions will demonstrate its wireless and mobile solutions – including its WLAN solutions ideal for the hospitality market – at HITEC 2013 booth #1053, taking place June 24-27 in Minneapolis.
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“With room costs no longer a key driver of guest decisions, wireless infrastructure is rapidly become a major source of revenue potential for hoteliers. Motorola Solutions' suite of wireless hardware and managed services offers an end-to-end solution for hotels to improve their wireless infrastructure and operations.”
Website: Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
White Paper: Hospitality Thought Leadership Paper
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.