Press release from Business Wire
Network Rail Selects Accenture to Identify and Implement New Technologies to Support Change Programs
<p class='bwalignc'> Framework Agreement covers design, build and implementation of technology solutions </p>
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Network Rail Selects Accenture to Identify and Implement New Technologies to Support Change Programs04:00 EDT Wednesday, June 05, 2013
LONDON (Business Wire) -- Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has been awarded a framework agreement to help identify and implement new technology solutions for Network Rail Infrastructure Limited (Network Rail). Financial terms were not disclosed.
Network Rail runs, operates, maintains and invests in Britain's rail network. Over the next 30 years passenger demand for rail will more than double and freight demand is expected to go up by 140 percent. Network Rail aims to provide a safe, reliable and efficient rail network. It is seeking to build the technology infrastructure that is innovative and able to evolve to meet future demands on the organisation.
The four-year framework agreement signed with Accenture includes identifying, designing, building and integrating IT solutions to support Network Rail's planned change programs.
The business areas to be covered by the agreement include:
- Business Management – Leading and guiding the business from funds acquisition to performance and benefit realisation,
- Business Administration – Providing core business back-office services including financial, HR and IS Management,
- Stakeholder Relationship Management – Manage the relationship with external stakeholders including government, regulators, customers and suppliers,
- Corporate Compliance and Citizenship – Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory directives and promoting corporate good-citizenship,
- Logistics Management – Planning and managing the acquisition, storage and movement of infrastructure materials between point of origin to point of consumption,
- Property Management – Managing the operational use and commercial exploration of property,
- Business Information Management – Capturing, managing and providing controlled access to business information to support internal and external stakeholder needs,
- Service Management and Development – Planning and developing changes to network capability to accommodate capacity and performance needs,
- Service Operations Management – Delivering the timetable on the day, covering both the scheduled train service, engineering access, and managing incidents and disruption,
- Access Planning – Planning a timetable that meets the needs of train operators and the need for engineering access to the rail infrastructure,
- Infrastructure Lifecycle Management – Managing the railway infrastructure assets from acquisition through to disposal, and including condition management, maintenance, renewal and enhancements.
David Wilkinson, an executive in Accenture's UK and Ireland Transportation Practice, said, “Technology will play an increasingly vital role in improving a rail network that every year provides 1.3 billion journeys and carries 100 million tonnes of freight. We are pleased to have been selected by Network Rail to help develop their technology to support a range of business improvement programs.”
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 261,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Anthony Hatter, + 44 7810 756 138