Press release from Business Wire
Disney Roars Into Retail with Robust Product Assortment Inspired by Disney·Pixar's Monsters University
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>To tweet this release, copy and paste </i><a href='http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FMUProduct&esheet=50650130&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FMUProduct&index=1&md5=447c9d1406c27844bb73d75be00e7aae'><i>http://bit.ly/MUProduct</i></a><i> to your twitter handle</i> </p>
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Disney Roars Into Retail with Robust Product Assortment Inspired by Disney·Pixar's Monsters University09:00 EDT Tuesday, June 11, 2013
GLENDALE, Calif. (Business Wire) -- Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is rolling out an innovative and extensive product collection inspired by Disney·Pixar's newest film, Monsters University, starring dynamic monster duo Mike Wazowski (voiced by Billy Crystal) and James P. Sullivan, “Sulley,” (voiced by John Goodman). In collaboration with leading licensees including Spin Master, Fisher-Price and more, the licensing program consists of more than 1,000 products from 125 licensees that celebrate the fun of Monsters University, which releases in theaters June 21, 2013. The product collection includes action figures, playsets, plush figures, apparel, accessories, home décor, publishing products and more. An exclusive collection from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com is also available.
“Disney Consumer Products worked closely with our licensees to create products that capture the creativity and humor of Monsters University,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. “Whether it's through the technology and innovative features in the toys and role play items or through the unique and expressive apparel and accessories, the product collection has something that Monsters University fans of all ages will enjoy.”
The Monsters University collection is available now at mass retailers nationwide, at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com.
Monsters University Product Collection
Practice your scaring skills:
- Sulley Monster Mask by Spin Master (MSRP: $24.99): 100 percent kid powered, the Sulley Monster Mask utilizes facial sync technology to allow kids to move Sulley's eyebrows and lips as they put on the mask and open, close or move their jaws up and down.
- My Scare Pal Sulley (MSRP:$39.99) & My Scare Pal Mike (MSRP: $24.99) by Spin Master:Mike Wazowski and/or James P. Sullivan will keep you safe this summer at camp. With one squeeze of the tummy or pull of the leg, Sulley and Mike will scare off any monster hidden in your closet or under your bed or laugh while trying!
- Monsters University Row Playset by Imaginext® (MSRP: $29.99): With electronics featuring character voices to relive the fun of chasing Archie the scare pig through the quad, the set comes with two figure disks that either spin the bottom floor so you can have the monsters chase Archie in circles or catapult Archie across the set, through a trap door and into his cage.
- Monsters University Speak N Scare Action Figures from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com (MSRP: $34.95 each): In tandem with a free digital app, kids can rate their own "roar" or enhance it using different tools. The app can also sync with the action figures to control their scaring actions. Other modes of play include play mode with more than 40 phrases, scare mode with five different sound-activated roars and interactive mode that allows the action figures to converse with one another.
Dress like a scare student:
- Monsters University T-Shirts by Threadless (MSRP: $19.50): Choose from a variety of unique and artistic t-shirts inspired by Monsters University and designed by artists from around the world. These cool tees will have you feeling like the big monster on campus.
- Monsters University Kids Collection Footwear by etnies (MSRP: $34.99-$49.99): Mike and Sulley, The Roars, Okays and Pinks take center stage in etnies new collection of footwear inspired by Monsters University. Embody each of the characters' personalities and physical traits with this new stylish footwear for kids available in stores now and at etnies.com
- Monsters University Fraternity and Sorority Plush (MSRP:$9.95 each) & Pin Collection (MSRP: $10.95 each) from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com: Each Monday from June 3 - June 21, Disney Store will release a new fraternity and sorority pin and a corresponding mini bean bag plush character from your favorite fraternities and sororities at Monsters University.
Embrace the monster lifestyle:
- Monsters University Scare Care Comforter Set by Jay Franco (MSRP: $32.99 - $64.99): Bedtime promises tons of freaky fun with this Disney∙Pixar Monsters University Scare Care Comforter Set available in Twin and Full sizes. The reversible comforter is decked out with images of the ultimate scare pair, Sulley and Mike Wazowski, along with fun character and Monsters University graphics.
- Monsters Inc. 4-Piece Crib Bedding Set by Kids Line (MSRP: $129.99):Your very own "little monster" will love the adorable Disney Baby Monsters Inc. collection from Kids Line featuring the delightful faces of everyone's favorite monsters including Sulley, Mike, George and friends in a fun combination of fabrics including novelty fur, fleece, velour, and corduroy against a soft suede inspired background with the Monsters Inc. factory logo.
- Monsters University Upholstered Chair by Delta (MSRP: $79.99): This upholstered chair featuring Mike Wazowski is the ideal chair for your little scarer. Its comfy velvet touch and bright neon green color coupled with its sturdy durable frame make it the perfect chair for studying and relaxing after a long day at school.
- Monsters University Rolling Luggage from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com (MSRP: $34.50): You'll be ready for road trips, home visits or spring break when packing this rolling luggage direct from the campus of Monsters University. With a huge helping of storage space, it's sure to become a travel essential.
Make the grade:
- Monsters University Storybook Deluxe (MSRP: $6.99): Relive the story of the film in this app–and you may even learn a few tricks about scaring along the way! Just put on your best monster face as you create your own Monsters University ID Badge and go through training with Mike and Sulley as they prepare for the school's annual Scare Games.
- Monsters University Special Edition Movie Magazine (MSRP: $9.99): A special movie magazine from Disney Magazines, the Monsters University issue features Mike and Sulley's college adventures and all-new characters from the film. This 96-page magazine includes exclusive content such as games, activities, comics, puzzles and more.
- Monsters University Tri-Fold Journal from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com (MSRP: $12.50):Take note of all the latest trends and keep-up with that screamin' social schedule using this MU sorority stationery set featuring the little sisters of Python Nu Kappa, all in a sparkling tri-fold cover with magnetic closure.
Eat like a monster:
- Disney∙Pixar Monsters University Themed Blue Raspberry Flavorz™ by Crunch Pak (MSRP: $3.99 for 5):The newBlue Raspberry Flavorz ™ features Sulley and Mike from Monsters University. Flavorz are infused with natural fruit flavors that kids love, and are a “better for you” snack that parents are always looking for. Flavorz are available at grocers nationwide and come in convenient 2-ounce mini bags that are easy to take along, and really fun to eat!
To download images of the Monsters University product collection, please visit http://bit.ly/MUProductImages (this link is case sensitive).
About Disney·Pixar's Monsters University
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike's plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer. The pair's out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University's elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right. Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney•Pixar's “Monsters University” is directed by Dan Scanlon (“Cars,” “Mater and the Ghostlight,” “Tracy”), produced by Kori Rae (“Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.”) and features music from future Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and award-winning composer Randy Newman (“Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story 3”). Check out disney.com/MonstersU, like us at facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity, and follow us on twitter.com/disneypixar. Rated G by the MPAA, the film opens in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2013, and will be shown in 3D in select theaters.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world's largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers' homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around seven strategic brand priorities: Disney Baby & Classic Characters, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW's growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney's official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.
Disney Consumer Products
Nidia Caceros, 818-544-0399
Disney Consumer Products
Liz Virji, 818-544-1926