Press release from Business Wire
Progress Software Expands Cloud and On-Premise Data Connectivity Lineup
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>New Progress DataDirect Technologies For Popular Big Data and CRM Systems Improve Applications and Speed Decision Making</i> </p>
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Progress Software Expands Cloud and On-Premise Data Connectivity Lineup10:02 EDT Thursday, June 27, 2013
BEDFORD, Mass. (Business Wire) -- Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) today announced new and expanded data sources for its DataDirect Cloud™ service and its DataDirect Connect® family of products. The addition of support for several of the most popular Big Data and CRM systems enables improved application connectivity and greater data accessibility for both on-premise and cloud environments.
Big Data, volumes of information from multiple disparate systems, and customer relationship management systems are driving forces in shaping decision-making in companies of all sizes. Reliable, secure and fast access to the necessary Big Data, CRM and other sources – both on premise and in the cloud – is needed for applications to provide a complete picture of the business landscape. With the continued expansion of its lineup of data sources, Progress is helping customers to improve decision-making and business processes and ensuring that no matter where data is housed, it can be effectively harnessed and utilized.
New sources include:
- DataDirect Cloud CRM sources: Currently in beta, the DataDirect Cloud service, which simplifies cloud data access, has added support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, VeevaCRM, FinancialForce and ServiceMax to a growing list of sources.
- Cloudera Impala: Cloudera Impala support expands the broad DataDirect coverage for Big Data databases. Cloudera provides SQL-based access to HBase, the NoSQL columnar database that stores data in specifically structured HDFSs (Hadoop Distributed File System). Access to HBase data is increasingly critical, as low-latency ad-hoc query access becomes more common, enabling results in minutes and seconds versus hours.
- Apache Hive: Hive is among the most deployed technologies in the Hadoop system, and the new DataDirect JDBC support for Hive is key for Big Data implementations for business intelligence and analytics.
- PostgreSQL and Greenplum: PostgreSQL and Greenplum are two fast-growing database and enterprise data warehousing sources. Both extend a comprehensive, existing ODBC support lineup with new JDBC support in this release.
In addition, Progress is also announcing registration for a number of DataDirect pre-release and beta sources. Users can apply for beta program access, which includes sources such as:
- Social Media Data: When combined with CRM data, leveraging social data for sentiment analysis and customer satisfaction can be a major asset. DataDirect Cloud will be supporting many of the most popular social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Relational Data: Expanding on the DataDirect heritage of industry leading connectivity to relational data, new support will be added for Amazon RDS and Microsoft SQL Azure.
- NoSQL Data: Apache Cassandra and MongoDB are two of the most popular NoSQL databases on the market today, both of which will be supported by DataDirect.
- ERP Data: Simplifying the integration of on-premise and cloud business application data is a key strength of DataDirect, and new support for Oracle Taleo, Workday, Intacct, Concur, and Netsuite greatly expands the portfolio of supported business applications.
These new data sources and the other leading capabilities of the Progress DataDirect product line play a key role in the new Progress® Pacific™ application platform-as-a-service, announced earlier this month. The Pacific platform, which incorporates connectivity technologies from the Progress DataDirect product line, enables applications to easily connect to numerous disparate data sources, allowing quicker data integration and more comprehensive business logic and analysis.
Progress Software is the industry's leading comprehensive provider of software for connecting the world's most critical business applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards. More than 300 leading independent software vendors and thousands of enterprises rely on Progress Software to simplify and streamline data connectivity for distributed systems and to reduce the complexity of mainframe integration.
Michael Benedict, general manager, Progress DataDirect: “Whether on-premise or in the cloud, information is the key to successful application development and deployment. We are providing the ability to free data from their silos through simple, secure and reliable connection technologies. Our main goal is to equip our customers with the most comprehensive set of data tools, and we're excited to continue work toward that end with our new source expansion.”
For additional information on DataDirect Cloud, click here
For additional information on DataDirect Connect for ODBC products, click here
For additional information on DataDirect Connect for JDBC products, click here
About Progress Software Corporation
Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress Software can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.
Follow Progress Software on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
Follow Progress DataDirect on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
Progress, Pacific, Progress Pacific, DataDirect, DataDirect Connect, and DataDirect Cloud are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Any other names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains statements that are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Progress has identified some of these forward-looking statements with words like “believe,” “may,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “should,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “target,” “anticipate” and “continue,” the negative of these words, other terms of similar meaning or the use of future dates. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the future operation, direction and success of Progress's business. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results or future events to differ materially from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation: (1) Progress' ability to release its product development initiatives in a timely manner; (2) market acceptance of Progress's product development initiatives; (3) pricing pressures and the competitive environment in the software industry and Platform-as-a-Service market; (4) Progress's ability to make technology acquisitions and to realize the expected benefits and anticipated synergies from such acquisitions; (5) economic conditions in the U.S. and international economies; (6) business and consumer use of the Internet and the continuing adoption of Cloud technologies; (7) the receipt and shipment of new orders; (8) Progress's ability to expand its relationships with channel partners and to manage the interaction of channel partners with its direct sales force; (9) the timely release of enhancements to Progress's products and customer acceptance of new products; (10) the positioning of Progress's products in its existing and new markets; (11) variations in the demand for professional services and technical support; (12) Progress's ability to penetrate international markets and manage its international operations; and (13) changes in exchange rates. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Progress's business, please refer to Progress's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2012 as amended, and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended February 28, 2013. Progress undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release.
Rick Lacroix, +1 781-280-4604
Lillian Dunlap, +1 617-226-8881