Press release from Business Wire
NYSE Euronext is the Leader in Global Capital Raising During the First Half of 2013
<ul> <li class='bwlistitemmargb'> <i>The global leader in IPOs with 72 transactions raising $28.5 billion in total global proceeds.</i> </li> <li class='bwlistitemmargb'> <i>The global leader in follow-on financings with 262 transactions raising $106 billion in total global proceeds.</i> </li> <li class='bwlistitemmargb'> <i>14 new technology listings accounted for a record 64% of all new technology offerings and 58% capital raised in the sector.</i> </li> <li class='bwlistitemmargb'> <i>NYSE leads the market in completed or announced transfers from other U.S. exchanges with two top NASDAQ-100 Index companies Perrigo and Oracle.</i> </li> <li class='bwlistitemmargb'> <i>In Europe, Euronext saw 23 new listings with €926 million ($1.2 billion) raised in proceeds from seven IPOs, and launched EnterNext®, the Marketplace for SMEs.</i> </li> </ul>
Friday, June 28, 2013
NYSE Euronext is the Leader in Global Capital Raising During the First Half of 201313:52 EDT Friday, June 28, 2013
NEW YORK (Business Wire) -- During the first half of 2013, NYSE Euronext markets in the U.S. and Europe raised $28.5 billion in total global proceeds in 72 initial public offerings (IPOs) and exceeded the combined proceeds raised on the next four world markets (see accompanying chart/facts). In the U.S., capital raised from IPOs listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) was four-times more than any other U.S. marketplace, and the NYSE achieved a record 64% of all new technology offerings from 14 listings that accounted for 58% of capital raised in the sector. Also in the first half of 2013, NYSE Euronext raised $106 billion in follow-on transactions, more than the next six world markets combined. There were a total of $168 billion in announced or completed transfers to our market, including Oracle and Perrigo, two top 100 NASDAQ companies. In Europe, NYSE Euronext added 23 new listings with approximately €926 million ($1.2 billion) in proceeds from seven IPOs and launched EnterNext®, its innovative marketplace for SMEs.
“A relatively stable macroeconomic environment and low volatility resulted in a robust capital market for the first half of 2013,” said Scott Cutler, EVP and Head of Global Listings at NYSE Euronext. “The NYSE continued to lead all exchanges globally in capital raising for companies of all sizes and in all sectors. We saw strong deal flow from international issuers looking to the U.S. as a destination for capital raising, and began to see the market develop again on our European venues. We are particularly pleased to have listed a majority of the technology IPOs that came to market, and to have announced the transfer of Oracle to the NYSE. If there was ever a question about our prowess in technology, this should put those questions to rest.”
The 72 newly listed IPOs at $28.5 billion in total global proceeds
raised on NYSE Euronext markets during the first half of 2013 is an
increase from the 66 IPOs that raised $17.1 billion in total global
proceeds during the same period in 2012.
- The second-quarter of 2013, with 46 IPOs and $16.4 billion in total global proceeds raised, outpaced the first quarter totals of 26 IPOs at $12.1 billion.
- With 262 transactions raising $106 billion in total global proceeds, NYSE Euronext was the global leader in follow-on financings.
- 41% of global IPO capital has been raised in the U.S. this year, followed by Japan with 9%.
In the U.S., the NYSE raised $26.3 billion in IPOs (including CEFs),
more than four-times the next largest U.S. exchange.
- NYSE attracted 69% of private equity backed IPOs and 74% of total proceeds.
- Zoetis (ZTS) and Quintiles (Q) were new additions from the healthcare sector, while Taylor Morrison (TMHC) and Boise Cascade (BCC) highlighted an improving housing and building market.
- MLPs and REIT IPOs led to 15 yield oriented offerings that raised $2.9 billion and 80% of all REITs IPOs this year.
- Non-U.S. companies listing on the NYSE included EVERTEC Inc. (EVTC) from Puerto Rico, China's Lightinthebox Holding Co." (LITB), Constellium N.V. (CSTM) from the Netherlands, Germany's Coty (COTY), Intelsat SA (I) of Luxembourg, and Luxoft Holding Inc. (LXFT) of Switzerland.
NYSE and NYSE MKT listed 14 technology IPOs that raised $2.1 billion
in total global proceeds.
- Technology company listings included ChannelAdvisor (ECOM), Cyan Inc. (CYNI), EVERTEC Inc. (EVTC), Gigamon Inc. (GIMO), Intelsat SA (I), Lightinthebox Holding Co." (LITB), Luxoft Holdings Inc. (LXFT), Marin Software Inc. (MRIN), Model N Inc. (MODN), Rally Software Development Corp. (RALY), Tableau Software (DATA), Silver Springs Networks Inc. (SSNI), Textura Corp. (TXTR), and Tremor Video (TRMR).
The four announced or completed market transfers to NYSE and NYSE MKT
were Perrigo Company (PRGO: NASDAQ 100) at $11 billion market cap,
Thomas Properties Group Inc. (TPGI) at $249 million market cap, Ampio
Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AMPE) $221 million market cap, and Oracle
Corporation (ORCL: NASDAQ 100) at $156.4 billion in market cap will
transfer its listing the NYSE on July 15.
- Oracle will become the largest market transfer ever and the 48th company to move to the NYSE for a combined $318billion in global market capitalization since 2010.
NYSE Euronext reinforced its leadership in ETP listings by winning 78%
of new issues during the first half of 2013. Of the approximately 73
ETPs (ETFs, ETVs and ETNs) that listed in the U.S. this year, 57 were
listed by 17 ETP Issuers on NYSE Arca.
- Today, total assets under management of the 57 newly listed products has grown to over $2.8 billion adding to the 30% increase in total AUM for all products listed on NYSE Arca of approximately $1.4 trillion in June 2013 compared to June 2012.
NYSE Euronext continued to add listings from Small and Medium
Enterprises (SMEs), companies with less than €1 billion ($1.3 billion)
in market capitalization, with 16 of the 23 new listings from SMEs for
€114 million ($150 million) in total proceeds.
- New listings represented a variety of sectors including healthcare as NYSE Euronext Paris has become the market of choice for Biotech and MedTech as well as consumer goods, technology and telecommunications. Listings included: NEXPONOR (ALNOR), the largest operation on NYSE Alternext since its launch in 2005; Ekinops (EKI), a provider of next‐generation optical fiber transport solutions for fixed and mobile high‐speed broadband networks; YMAGIS (MAGIS), a provider of services and digital technologies for the film industry; as well as ERYTECH (ERYP) and SpineGuard (ALSGD) from healthcare.
- EnterNext® was launched to coordinate all NYSE Euronext initiatives for SMEs in Europe, and thus makes its value proposition and positioning more efficient.
The European market of NYSE Euronext also welcomed high-profile
companies raising total IPO proceeds of €812 million ($1.1 billion)
and representing an aggregate market capitalization of €75.8 billion
- Key listings on NYSE Euronext's European platforms included: Infosys (INFY), a global leader in consulting and technology and the first Indian company admitted to trading on NYSE Euronext's London and Paris markets; Constellium (CSTM), a global leader in innovative and high value‐added aluminum products; and Bpost (BPOST), the leading postal operator in Belgium, and the year's second largest IPO in Europe and the largest non-finance related IPO.
“Our goal is simple – focus on our customers, and deliver industry leading trading platforms and corporate services by utilizing the best of both people and technology,” Mr. Cutler added. “Private equity and venture capital exits are at multi-year highs, and assuming that positive macro conditions persist, we expect the second half of 2013 to remain open as a window for capital raising. Also, our leadership and partnership in the passage of the JOBS Act, and initiatives supporting entrepreneurship such as The NYSE Big StartUp and EnterNext in Europe, are reflections of our commitment to supporting and sustaining the leading capital market in the world.”
Graphs and charts:
- Information and milestones of the first-half of 2013 are available on an infographic - click here.
- Graph 1: IPOs listing on NYSE Euronext markets exceeded the combined proceeds raised on the next four world markets.
- Graph 2: With 262 transactions raising $106 billion in total global proceeds, NYSE Euronext was the global leader in follow-on financings.
Total New Listings: 182
NYSE Group: IPOS – 65
- Operating Companies & REITs - 47
- CEFs – 18
- Non Traded Public REITs – 2
- Spin-offs - 6
Euronext: IPOs - 7
- Operating Companies – 7
- Direct Listings – 10
- Structured Products – 35
- ETPs– 57
- NYSE Group: IPOS – 65
Total Global IPO Capital Raised:
- Including CEFs - $28,509,185,286
- Excluding CEFs - $15,914,435,286
Total NYSE IPOS:
- Excluding CEFs – 47
- Including CEFs – 65
- Total Euronext IPOs: 7
- Total Equity Follow-on Capital Raided: $106 billion
Total Announced or Completed Transfers: 4
- Oracle Corporation, Perrigo Company, Thomas Properties Group Inc., Ampio Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Total Market Cap of Announced or Completed Transfers: $167,962 million
Technology IPO Market Share:
- Proceeds – 58%
- Number – 64%
% of PE Backed IPOs:
- Proceeds – 74%
- Number – 69%
About NYSE Euronext
NYSE Euronext (NYX) is a leading global operator of financial markets and provider of innovative trading technologies. The company's exchanges in Europe and the United States trade equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products. With approximately 8,000 listed issues (excluding European Structured Products), NYSE Euronext's equities markets - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Euronext, NYSE MKT, NYSE Alternext and NYSE Arca - represent one-third of the world's equities trading, the most liquidity of any global exchange group. NYSE Euronext also operates NYSE Liffe, one of the leading European derivatives businesses and the world's second-largest derivatives business by value of trading. The company offers comprehensive commercial technology, connectivity and market data products and services through NYSE Technologies. NYSE Euronext is in the S&P 500 index. For more information, please visit: http://www.nyx.com.
Please follow us at:
Sara Rich, 212-656-4527
Marissa Arnold, 212-656-2359
Caroline Tourrier, +33 (0)1 49 27 10 82