Press release from Business Wire
DaVita Launches Corporate Social Responsibility Web Portal
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>“Community Care” covers patient care, teammate support and community engagement</i> </p>
Tuesday, July 09, 2013
DaVita Launches Corporate Social Responsibility Web Portal07:00 EDT Tuesday, July 09, 2013
DENVER (Business Wire) -- DaVita®, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (NYSE: DVA) and a leading provider of kidney care services, today announced the launch of a new “Community Care” web portal. The new site details the company's sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives and includes a downloadable version of the company's 2012 “Community Care” report.
The website, located at DaVita.com/CommunityCare, covers three key areas – improving health, helping teammates (employees) thrive and engaging communities. Highlights from the 2012 report include the following.
- DaVita has driven an estimated $480 million in taxpayer savings through providing integrated health care and improving patients' health
- The launch of a variety of online kidney health tools created for patients, including the Kidney SmartSM education program, myDaVita.com (a social networking community) and the DaVita Health Portal™ (gives DaVita patient access to their lab results and lets them track their progress)
- The Village Vitality program provides free biometric screenings, supports teammate wellness and allows teammates who participate to earn discounts on health insurance
- The DaVita Village Network, which provides grants to teammates in crisis and has given more than $2 million to 435 teammates since its inception
- The DaVita Way of Giving, a locally focused charitable grant program, which has donated more than $1.75 million to local charities since it began in 2011.
- The launch of a comprehensive composting program involving more than 900 teammates in the Tacoma, Wash., office, which – in conjunction with the ongoing recycling and composting efforts in the Denver, Colo., office – diverted more than 10,000 tons of waste in 2012
- Through Village Service Days, thousands of teammates, their friends and family have volunteered nearly 44,000 hours (since 2007) to complete community service projects around the country
- Bridge of Life—DaVita Medical Missions™, which has trained 19 doctors, 111 nurses, 246 technicians and 19 biomedical technicians to expand access to dialysis in 11 countries on four continents since its inception
“We believe that if we create a thriving, sustainable community for our teammates, they in turn will create a special clinical and caring community for our patients and their families, and be inspired to help others,” said Kent Thiry, chairman and CEO of DaVita HealthCare Partners. “That's what we call our trilogy of care – caring for our patients, caring for each other and caring for our world.”
DaVita's Community Care website and annual report on social responsibility are now live on DaVita.com/CommunityCare.
DaVita and DaVita HealthCare Partners are trademarks or registered trademarks of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of March 31, 2013, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 1,991 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 156,000 patients. The company also operated 41 outpatient dialysis centers located in nine countries outside the United States. DaVita supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu. For more information, please visit DaVita.com.
Lauren Moughon, 206-724-3826