Press release from Business Wire
New Purchase and Pick-up Options Provide Office Depot Customers with Even More Ways to Shop
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>Company Seamlessly Integrates Its Retail Store with Online and Mobile Commerce, Making It Simple and Convenient For Customers to Find, Purchase and Pick-Up Items</i> </p>
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
New Purchase and Pick-up Options Provide Office Depot Customers with Even More Ways to Shop09:00 EDT Wednesday, July 17, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla. (Business Wire) -- Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office and school supplies and services, today announced new enhancements to the customer shopping experience that will make its stores and website more convenient and seamless to shop, especially during this busy back-to-school season. This is the first step in a series of shopping improvements Office Depot is making throughout the coming months, supporting the Company's commitment to a customer-focused omni-channel experience.
Beginning July 28, Office Depot is enabling its associates with new mobile hand-held devices across all stores to provide instant access to extended product information, availability, customer reviews and on-the-spot checkout from anywhere in the store. Just in time for back to school, store associates will have the ability to help customers find items on their school list and process credit and/or gift card purchases on the spot. If items aren't available in-store, associates can order them from officedepot.com (with free shipping) via their mobile device.
For additional convenience, new in-store touch screen kiosks and workstations allow customers to research the full assortment of items available at Office Depot and order for delivery. Consumers can also download the Office Depot App to scan any barcode in-store to read reviews and additional product details, or use the Company's free Wi-Fi service in-store.
“Technology is constantly changing the way people shop,” said Christine Buscarino, Vice President of Customer Experience for Office Depot. “At Office Depot, we're continuing to refresh our services and our omni-channel offerings to ensure customers get what they need, when they need it. It's about shopping for and receiving products at a time and in a way that is most convenient.”
Additionally, Office Depot is coming to the aid of businesses, consumers, teachers and students who need supplies the same day with its “Buy Online, Ready in One-Hour” program. This program offers customers the flexibility of many options:
- Purchase items from officedepot.com and enjoy free pick-up at any Office Depot location within just one hour
- Designate a friend or family member to pick-up the order at the store of their choice
- Choose to have a portion of the order delivered in the same online transaction
“By offering these new tools for our customers, we are bringing Office Depot's website capabilities into our retail environment and giving customers and associates access to product information right at their fingertips,” Buscarino said.
Office Depot's new omni-channel offerings add to the countless ways customers can interact with the Company, including:
- Shopping from one of the 1,100 stores nationwide
- Placing phone orders 24/7 through 1-800-Go-Depot
- Researching and purchasing on OfficeDepot.com
- Using “Live Chat” 24/7 to speak with a customer service representative
- Interacting through a mobile device using the Office Depot apps for iOS and Android, mobile site and receive shopping alerts by texting “OFFER” to Depot (33768)
- Connecting with the Company through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Receiving coupons and promotions through mailing and print circulars
- Receiving shopping rewards and exclusive offers through Office Depot Rewards™, the Company's loyalty program
About Office Depot
Office Depot provides office supplies and services through 1,628 worldwide retail stores, a dedicated sales force, top-rated catalogs, and global e-commerce operations. Office Depot has annual sales of approximately $10.7 billion, employs about 38,000 associates, and serves customers in 60 countries around the world.
Office Depot's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ODP. Additional press information can be found at: http://news.officedepot.com.
Raquel Erwin, 212-299-8951