Press release from Business Wire
GameStop Announces Dozens of Exhibitors, Exclusive Activities, Contests for Premier Gaming Event: GameStop EXPO 2013
Monday, July 29, 2013
GameStop Announces Dozens of Exhibitors, Exclusive Activities, Contests for Premier Gaming Event: GameStop EXPO 201315:50 EDT Monday, July 29, 2013
GRAPEVINE, Texas (Business Wire) -- GameStop, the world's largest multichannel retailer of video games, is offering the public and PowerUp Rewards™ members the opportunity to experience more than 250,000 square feet of video gaming, consoles and accessories from more than 80 exhibitors at next month's GameStop EXPO 2013. Leading companies in the video gaming and mobile electronics industries will have a major presence at the show including:
- 2K Games and 2K Sports
- Activision | Blizzard
- Disney Infinity
- Mad Catz
- Namco Bandai
- Sony PlayStation®
- Square Enix
- Turtle Beach
- Warner Bros.
- Microsoft Xbox
Attendees will also get the chance to get hands-on with the next generation consoles and the hottest games and products from the biggest brands in gaming months before release and opportunities to meet with top game developers, publishers and special guests. Attendees will:
- Be among the first to play the next generation consoles, Sony's PS4™ and Microsoft's Xbox One
- Experience dynamic environments and amphibious warfare in EA's Battlefield 4, in next-gen!
- Get hands-on experience in Call of Duty: Ghosts
- See the highly-anticipated WATCH_DOGS™ and Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ from Ubisoft®
- Enjoy playable demo stations for The Walking Dead (U&I Entertainment), Lost Planet 3, Duck Tales Remastered and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (Capcom) as well as Phineas & Ferb, Young Justice, Monster High 13 Wishes, Barbie Dreamhouse Party, Zumba Kids Unite and Zumba Fitness World Party (Majesco)
- Meet famed writer and artist Todd McFarlane and get his autograph
- Play against favorite professional gamers in the Mad Catz booth
- Help celebrate Luigi's 30th anniversary and play some of Nintendo's most talked about Wii U games coming out this year including Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Come as their favorite Adventure Time character in D3's Adventure Time Costume Contest and win prizes and play Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW, Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land, Ben 10 Omniverse 2 and Earth Defense Force 2025
- Get a photo with all five of the Power Rangers MEGAFORCE® and the one and only PAC-MAN™
- Join a Plant Vs. Zombies flash mob and see the return of the zombie dancers
- Battle it out in the Beyblade tournaments at the D3 Publishers booth
- Behold an 8-foot tall Jack Skellington and Cinderella's carriage, monster-truck style, as seen in Disney's upcoming Infinity
- Have a chance to win a throned Dracula statue thanks to Konami Digital Entertainment
- Visit the Sony booth to jump in a sled and play Gran Turismo 6 and enter to win a PS4 and other giveaways
- Learn more about the Android-based gaming console OUYA at the OUYA Experience trailer
- Meet Matt Kenseth, driver of the No. 18 GameStop Toyota, and get his autograph from 12:00-2:00 p.m.
Also, stay tuned to find out which NBA player will be signing autographs in the 2K booth! GameStop will be announcing more special guests and celebrities in August.
The GameStop EXPO 2013 will take place on Aug. 28, 2013 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information about GameStop EXPO and to register for the show, visit www.gamestop.com/expo.
While VIP tickets are sold out, general admission tickets are still available for $35 until August 11, $45 thereafter, in all U.S. GameStop stores and at www.gamestop.com/expo.
GameStop is also now offering a specially priced admission ticket for students to enjoy EXPO after school for a discounted price. Student admission can be purchased onsite for $20 starting at 3:30 p.m. until the floor closes at 6:00 p.m.
Attendees must be 17 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult. Some activities or games may feature mature content. Exhibitors reserve the right to censor content for guests under the age of 17 even when a consenting parent or guardian is present. All attendees under the age of 20 will be asked to wear a wristband to identify the ESRB rating that's best suited for their age group.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is the world's largest multichannel video game retailer. GameStop's global retail network and family of brands include 6,544 company-operated stores in 15 countries and online at www.GameStop.com. The network also includes: www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the leading multi-platform video game publication; Spawn Labs, a streaming technology company; a digital PC game distribution platform available at www.GameStop.com/pc; and an online consumer electronics trade-in platform available at www.BuyMyTronics.com.
General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website http://news.gamestop.com/. Follow GameStop on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/GameStop.
817-722-7520 or JackieSmith@GameStop.com