Press release from Marketwire
American Bonanza Provides Copperstone Gold Mine Progress for May 2013
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
American Bonanza Provides Copperstone Gold Mine Progress for May 201308:00 EDT Wednesday, June 19, 2013
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - June 19, 2013) - American Bonanza Gold Corp. (TSX:BZA)(OTCQX:ABGFF) ("Bonanza" or "Company") is pleased to announce progress at the 100% owned Copperstone gold mine in Arizona during May 2013.
May saw 1,041 ounces of gold produced, a 5% increase in ore grade, improvement in the mill recovery, and a 41% increase in development footage as the focus on providing access to new ore zones continues. Improvements continue into June, with production for the first 16 days of the month totalling 746 ounces of gold.
|Production Summary (see below for detailed breakdown of figures)|
|Development Mining||January '13||February '13||March '13||April '13||May '13|
|Development mined||146 t/d||253 t/d||167 t/d||291 t/d||399 t/d|
|Total rock mined||463 t/d||562 t/d||474 t/d||622 t/d||766 t/d|
|Ore mined||317 t/d||308 t/d||347 t/d||331 t/d||367 t/d|
|Rounds per day mined||5||4.3||5.2||4.9||5.2|
|Ore processed||322 t/d||315 t/d||333 t/d||346 t/d||349 t/d|
|Gravity concentrate||15 Oz/ t||47 Oz/t||34 Oz/t||30 Oz/t||43 Oz/t|
|Flotation concentrate||23 Oz/t||30 Oz/t||18 Oz/t||27 Oz/t||21 Oz/t|
|Gold produced||520 Oz||878 Oz||670 Oz||815 Oz||1,041 Oz|
1,041 ounces of gold were produced during May, comprised of 271 ounces of gold contained in flotation concentrate and 769 ounces of gold in gravity concentrate.
- Total ore mined during May was 11,368 tons, which is 1,435 more tons than during April. A total of 806 feet of ore was mined in May, 2% less than April.
- The mine performed at an average of 5.2 rounds of mining progress per day.
- The focus of the engineering and geology departments continues to be the improvement and maintenance of grade and tons via the development of more ore headings, and the on-going drilling and assay work to limit dilution of higher grade ore.
- This month saw further progress made towards the strategic ore reserves in the C zone targeted for third and fourth quarter mining.
- During May development footage increased by 41% to 703 feet1 from April's figures.
- The milled tons increased from 10,393 tons in April to 10,843 tons in May.
- The grade also improved from 0.0969 ounces of gold per ton in April to 0.1073 ounces per ton in May.
- Mill recovery during May averaged 89% which is 8% more than April.
To view accompanying graph, visit the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/2013_Gold_Production_Chart.jpg
Mr. Brian Kirwin, President & CEO, commented:
"Achieving design rates continues to be our focus and priority. Following the availability of additional working capital announced on the 12th of June, it is expected that additional equipment and inventory of parts will help to accomplish this goal."
Mine and mill performance for the month of June will be announced towards the end of July.
Doug Wood, P. Geo the Vice President of Exploration of the Company, is the "qualified person" as defined in NI 43-101 who has reviewed and approved the technical information in this news release.
About American Bonanza Gold Corp.: Bonanza is operating the newly constructed Copperstone gold mine in Arizona. For more information please visit Bonanza's website at www.americanbonanza.com.
AMERICAN BONANZA GOLD CORP.
Brian Kirwin, President & Chief Executive Officer
We Seek Safe Harbour.
1 April saw 498 feet of development footage in April, not 827 feet; the result of a typing error in the April Progress Release (28 th May 2013), which is 6% less (not 56% more) than in March.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
American Bonanza Gold Corp.
American Bonanza Gold Corp.