Press release from CNW Group
Celestica named to Canada's Green 30
Monday, June 03, 2013
Celestica named to Canada's Green 3017:01 EDT Monday, June 03, 2013
TORONTO, June 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Celestica Inc. (NYSE, TSX: CLS), a global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions, today announced it has been named to Canada's Green 30, an annual list of top companies based on Aon Hewitt's Employee Green Index.
Celestica's sustainability strategy is focused on the areas where the company can make a positive impact in its industry and drive the most significant improvements to its environmental footprint. These include:
- Water and Energy Sustainability: Decrease the impact of its operations on the environment by reducing the consumption of energy and water.
- Material Stewardship: Reduce, reuse and recycle products and materials that are at the end of their life.
- Sustainable Solutions: Understand the environmental footprint of our customers' products, and proactively help our customers to 'green' their supply chains.
- Employee Sustainability: Foster a positive and engaged workforce that drives innovation and empowers people to make a difference.
- Sustainable Communities: Develop initiatives that create positive change in the communities around the world
"We believe companies have a responsibility to lead change and to drive innovation in the area of sustainability and we are pleased to be named to Canada's Green 30 for the third consecutive year," said Todd Melendy, Vice President, Sustainability and Compliance, Celestica. "We are proud of our employees around the globe who are implementing creative approaches to reducing energy and water consumption, reusing and recycling materials, and collaborating with our customers and suppliers to develop sustainable solutions."
To determine Canada's Green 30, Aon Hewitt, a leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions, surveyed over 190,000 employees at 280 organizations with regard to their employers' commitment to environmental stewardship. The final list is compiled from employee feedback and categorized according to Aon Hewitt's Employee Green Index, which focuses on employers' environmental strategies and activities, as well as their efforts to consider long-term social, environmental and economic impacts when making business decisions.
The Green 30 list appears in Maclean's magazine.
Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers' success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve. Committed to providing a truly differentiated customer experience, our agile and adaptive employees share a proud history of demonstrated expertise and creativity that provides our customers with the ability to overcome complex challenges.
For further information on Celestica, visit www.celestica.com.
SOURCE: Celestica Inc.
For further information: