Press release from CNW Group
Proactive Strategy for Managing Occupational Health and Safety and the Funded Status of Defined Benefit Pension Plans
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Proactive Strategy for Managing Occupational Health and Safety and the Funded Status of Defined Benefit Pension Plans15:29 EDT Wednesday, June 19, 2013
These are among the subjects included in the current issue of the Morneau Shepell News & Views, a monthly publication dedicated to providing insights to its clients in Canada
TORONTO, June 19, 2013 /CNW/ - Morneau Shepell identifies steps organizations can take to manage the costs of occupational injuries and illness in the current issue of its newsletter, News & Views.
- MANAGING OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (OHS) IS ESSENTIAL! -- Managing OHS is complex and has many financial and human repercussions. Plus workers' compensation boards have started to link certain problems of psychological health to the workplace, resulting in new costs for employers. Morneau Shepell has a proactive strategy for managing these costs.
- P.E.I. ANNOUNCES CATASTROPHIC DRUG PROGRAM -- Prince Edward Island, one of two provinces currently without a catastrophic prescription drug program, has announced plans to make available provincial funding for prescription drug costs which exceed a threshold based on family income.
- TAXABILITY OF BUSINESS TRAVEL ACCIDENT COVERAGE - Read a new interpretation of the 2012 Federal Budget's impact on the taxability of critical illness and accidental death and dismemberment premiums.
- MARKET INDICES - Monthly summary of returns from various market indices such as the TSX Group / PC Bond Indices and Canadian, U.S. and Foreign Equity Indices.
- TRACKING THE FUNDED STATUS OF DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLANS - Impact of past returns on plan assets and the effect of interest rate changes on solvency liabilities.
- IMPACT ON PENSION EXPENSE UNDER INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING - Expense impact for a typical defined benefit pension plan, contributory and non-contributory.
About Morneau Shepell Inc.
Morneau Shepell is the largest company in Canada offering human resources consulting and outsourcing services. The Company is the leading provider of Employee and Family Assistance Programs, as well as the largest administrator of pension and benefits plans. Through health and productivity, administrative, and retirement solutions, Morneau Shepell helps clients reduce costs, increase employee productivity, and improve their competitive position. Established in 1966, Morneau Shepell serves more than 8,000 clients, ranging from small businesses to some of the largest corporations and associations in North America. With approximately 3,000 employees in offices across North America, Morneau Shepell provides services to organizations across Canada, in the United States, and around the globe. Morneau Shepell is a publicly-traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: MSI). For more information, visit morneaushepell.com.
SOURCE: Morneau Shepell Inc.
For further information: