Press release from PR Newswire
Boston Scientific Schedule of Major Events and Presentations at Heart Rhythm 2013
Friday, May 03, 2013
Boston Scientific Schedule of Major Events and Presentations at Heart Rhythm 201312:57 EDT Friday, May 03, 2013
NATICK, Mass., May 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) is scheduled to participate at Heart Rhythm 2013, the Heart Rhythm Society's 34th Annual Scientific Sessions May 8-11 in Denver. Forty-two clinical presentations will provide new insights about Boston Scientific research in cardiovascular disease, including atrial fibrillation and sudden cardiac arrest.
Schedule of Events
All programs are Mountain Time, with events held at the Colorado Convention Center unless otherwise noted.
Wednesday, May 8
- 25th Annual Michel Mirowski Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symposium and Award Presentation: Boston Scientific Chief Medical Officer of Cardiac Rhythm Management Kenneth Stein, M.D., will provide opening remarks followed by recognition of previous award recipients and the legacy of Michel Mirowski, M.D. Last year's award recipient, William G. Stevenson, M.D., will moderate. The event will honor the 2013 Mirowski Award recipient, Karl-Heinz Kuck, M.D., and feature presentations led by Arthur J. Moss, M.D., Andrea M. Russo, M.D., and Karl-Heinz Kuck, M.D., about the future of electrophysiology and the development of technologies related to sudden cardiac arrest, defibrillation and ablation. The event will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Centennial Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Denver.
Thursday, May 9
- Long Term Results of PROTECT AF: The Mortality Effects of Left Atrial Appendage Closure versus Warfarin for Stroke Prophylaxis in AF: Vivek Reddy, M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, will present the findings as a late-breaking clinical trial at 11:00 a.m. in the Four Seasons Ballroom 3.
- S-ICD® System or Transvenous ICD: How do you choose?: Bruce Wilkoff, M.D., Cleveland Clinic, and Lucas Boersma, M.D., St. Antonius Hospital, the Netherlands, will present perspectives from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall, Rhythm Theatre #2.
Friday, May 10
- Long Term Outcome of Patients Receiving the Subcutaneous ICD Post Transvenous ICD Extraction: Lucas Boersma, M.D., of St. Antonius Hospital, the Netherlands, will present the findings during an abstract session at 1:45 p.m. in Room 402.
Saturday, May 11
- ICD Programming Trends and Relationship to Survival ? The ALTITUDE Dataset: Leslie Saxon, M.D., University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine, will present the findings as a late-breaking clinical trial at 8:15 a.m. in the Mile High Room 4F.
The WATCHMAN device is an investigational device and not available for sale in the United States.
All clinical data results are embargoed until the time of each scientific presentation. Conference attendees are invited to visit Boston Scientific at booth 621.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com and connect on Twitter and Facebook.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words like "anticipate," "expect," "project," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "intend" and similar words. These forward-looking statements are based on our beliefs, assumptions and estimates using information available to us at the time and are not intended to be guarantees of future events or performance. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding clinical trials and impact of their results, product performance and competitive offerings. If our underlying assumptions turn out to be incorrect, or if certain risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. These factors, in some cases, have affected and in the future (together with other factors) could affect our ability to implement our business strategy and may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the statements expressed in this press release. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of our forward-looking statements.
Factors that may cause such differences include, among other things: future economic, competitive, reimbursement and regulatory conditions; new product introductions; demographic trends; intellectual property; litigation; financial market conditions; and future business decisions made by us and our competitors. All of these factors are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of them are beyond our control. For a further list and description of these and other important risks and uncertainties that may affect our future operations, see Part I, Item 1A ? Risk Factors in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which we may update in Part II, Item 1A ? Risk Factors in Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q we have filed or will file hereafter. We disclaim any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or in events, conditions or circumstances on which those expectations may be based, or that may affect the likelihood that actual results will differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. This cautionary statement is applicable to all forward-looking statements contained in this document.
Steven Campanini 508-652-5740 (office) Global Media Relations Boston Scientific Corporation email@example.com
Michael Campbell 508-650-8023 (office) Investor Relations Boston Scientific Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation