Press release from PR Newswire
Altium Improves Component Sourcing Productivity With Major Product Update
Monday, May 13, 2013
Altium Improves Component Sourcing Productivity With Major Product Update09:00 EDT Monday, May 13, 2013
CARLSBAD, Calif., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Altium Limited, a global leader in Smart System Design Automation and provider of solutions for 3D PCB design (Altium Designer) and embedded software development (TASKING), has launched Altium Vault 1.1 to enable cost-effective and efficient design. With enhanced searching and filtering tools and design bill of materials, Altium Vault 1.1 provides easy-to-use component navigation capabilities, which reduces errors and costly production rework for customers.
"Altium is committed to delivering data management technology that provides greater value and a richer design experience for users," said Marc Depret, senior product manager for design capture and design data management for Altium. "We recognize the importance of having clear visibility of components - in terms of cost and availability ? and the impact it has on a designer's decisions."
Altium Vault Server is at the heart of Altium's Smart Data management technologies. The Vault Server provides electronic design teams a locally hosted, centralized, design data management system managing everything from individual electronic components to complete electronic product design files.
Key features of Altium Vault 1.1 include:
- Centralized Supply Chain Data Management?The Altium Vault Server now can be linked to a company's internal electronic component database, providing designers with a sound view of each component's supply chain data. Such a connection allows designers to leverage existing electronic component data to make component choices and design decisions with a clear insight into component cost and availability.
- Enhanced Vault Search?The Vault data searching interface has been significantly improved. By adding support for intelligent parametric searching and advanced result filtering and grouping, designers can now view devices and design data (schematics and other project files) according to their characteristics.
- Support for ActiveBOM?Coupled with Altium Designer's new ActiveBOM editor, Designers are able to analyze and understand supply chain implications of electronic component choices. Armed with this supply chain clarity assists organizations to successfully bring electronic products to market using a design-to-cost approach.
Key Benefits of Altium Vault 1.1 include:
- Avoid costly production rework of prototype designs by understanding which components are production suitable and choosing them from the outset.
- Save time and reduce errors by releasing design Bills of Materials complete with component choice and component ordering information.
- Improve productivity by finding the best component and design item choices using Altium Vault Server's new searching and filtering tools.
Pricing and AvailabilityThe Altium Vault Server 1.1 update is freely available to subscribers who hold an Altium Vault Server license and can be downloaded here.
For new customers, the initial purchase of the Altium Vault includes five perpetual client access licenses (CAL) to the Vault Server, as well as the first year of subscription, which gives access to updates and support.
About AltiumAltium Limited (ASX:ALU) creates electronics design software. Altium's unified electronics design environment links all aspects of electronics product design in a single application that is priced as affordable as possible. This enables electronics designers to innovate, harness the latest devices and technologies, manage their projects across broad design 'ecosystems', and create connected, intelligent designs.
Founded in 1985, Altium has headquarters in Shanghai, and operates worldwide. For more information, visit www.altium.com. You can also follow and engage with Altium via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Media Contact: Whitney TrueMcClenahan BruerAltium@mcbru.com503.546.1000
SOURCE Altium Limited