Press release from PR Newswire
OpenText EIM Products to Support SAP HANA®, Cloud and Mobility Offerings
Monday, May 13, 2013
OpenText EIM Products to Support SAP HANA®, Cloud and Mobility Offerings09:15 EDT Monday, May 13, 2013
Joint customers benefit from a richer, more powerful suite of mobile- and cloud-based EIM solutions that can boost efficiencies and improve productivity
WATERLOO, ON, May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText? (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced a significant expansion of the OpenText ECM Suite for SAP® Solutions in support of SAP's latest technologies, including the SAP HANA platform, and cloud and mobility solutions.
The OpenText ECM Suite for SAP Solutions is expected to extend the value of SAP Business Suite software as an end-to-end solution, addressing strategy to execution and helping enable business transformation. Leveraging the power of SAP HANA, the OpenText ECM Suite for SAP Solutions is designed to enable SAP customers to use common enterprise architecture to organize and control all of their digital information.
As further evidence of the strategic alignment between the companies, OpenText is the first SAP software solution and technology partner to offer solutions that have been fully tested and confirmed by SAP to be integrated with SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA. Using these solutions together with SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA, it is anticipated that customers can now reap the benefits of a faster, smarter and simpler real-time platform for their business. Additionally, OpenText solutions resold by SAP as the SAP Digital Asset Management and the SAP Document Presentment applications by OpenText are available with the SAP 360 Customer solution.
"The OpenText ECM Suite for SAP Solutions is intended to offer businesses a holistic, value-based and integrated approach to managing enterprise content," said Patrick Barnert, senior vice president, Partners and Alliances at OpenText. "With OpenText ECM suite now supporting SAP HANA as well as SAP cloud and mobility solutions we are not only reinforcing our commitment to our two-decade relationship with SAP, but also our commitment to empowering customers with comprehensive EIM solutions."
Benefits of OpenText's enriched portfolio of products for SAP solutions include the following:
- A new collaborative Invoice-to-Pay solution to facilitate offering customers a hybrid on-premises and cloud-based solution that can leverage the Ariba Network, connecting buyers and suppliers and helping to enable them to further optimize and capitalize on the benefits of invoice management paradigms such as dynamic discounting.
- OpenText's powerful capture and optical character recognition (OCR) services are now included in the SAP Cloud for Travel solution (formerly known as SAP Travel OnDemand), a cloud-based application for travel management. Further strengthening the partnership between OpenText and SAP, the offering is expected to make it easier for business travelers to file expense reports using information scanned from receipts using scanners or mobile devices.
- OpenText's Employee File Management 4.0 integrates with solutions from SuccessFactors, an SAP company, via a cloud connector interface feature. The connector can quickly import forms from various cloud-based processes, helping to enable users to easily store cloud-based documents within a central content repository.
- New mobile applications, such as OpenText Vendor Invoice Management for SAP Solutions, OpenText Employee File Management for SAP Solutions, and the SAP Portal Content Management application by OpenText are forecasted to support and integrate with the SAP Afaria® mobile device management solution. This is anticipated to allow users to easily sync, share and store enterprise information across all mobile devices while still keeping content secure and within corporate compliance policies.
"Customer success is at the center of everything we do at SAP," said Eric Duffaut, corporate officer and president, Global Ecosystem and Channels, SAP. "As a recent recipient of a 2013 SAP Pinnacle award in the category "Solution Extension Partner of the Year," OpenText has long played a critical part in delivering on the promise of high-level innovation through its EIM strategy. Now, with expanded support of SAP HANA and our cloud and mobility solutions, we believe customers will be further empowered to more effectively manage and take action upon enterprise content."
OpenText ECM is among the five core product pillars of OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM), which help organizations manage and exploit their information to drive innovation, create competitive advantage, accelerate business process, and make better business decisions without compromising information governance and security needs.
See OpenText solutions integrated with SAP solutions in booth 1025 at SAPPHIRE NOW! OpenText will be showcasing these and other solutions that demonstrate how Enterprise Information Management unleashes the power of information by leveraging SAP HANA, SAP cloud solutions, and the SAP Mobile Platform in booth 1025 at the SAPPHIRE® NOW conference, being held May 14-16 in Orlando, Fla.
Availability The OpenText ECM Suite for SAP® Solutions is available immediately with full support of SAP HANA and SAP's cloud and mobility solutions.
For more information and a full list of OpenText's products:
- Read the eBook on why organizations using co-innovated solutions from OpenText and SAP can "Run Better."
- Visit the OpenText Resource Center on SAP Solutions to view the latest customer videos, whitepapers and more
- Come meet with us in person at our upcoming OpenText EIM Days
- Follow OpenText on Twitter @opentext and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/opentext
About OpenText OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that enables companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
OpenText Forward-Looking Statement Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SAP Forward-looking Statement Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
Copyright ©2013 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. SAP, SAP HANA, SAPPHIRE and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. Sybase and Afaria are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sybase, Inc. or its subsidiaries/affiliates. ® indicates registration in the United States. Sybase is an SAP company. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation
For further information: <p> </p> <p> Peter Gorman<br/> OpenText<br/> +1 617-669-4329<br/> <a href="mailto:PublicRelations@OpenText.com">PublicRelations@OpenText.com</a> </p> <p> Adrian Eyre<br/> Ogilvy Public Relations for OpenText<br/> +1 415-677-2708<br/> <a href="mailto:OPR_OpenText@ogilvy.com">OPR_OpenText@ogilvy.com</a> </p>