Press release from PR Newswire
CME Group Volume Reaches All-Time High on May 29
Thursday, May 30, 2013
CME Group Volume Reaches All-Time High on May 2911:43 EDT Thursday, May 30, 2013
Record Highs in Globex Volume and Interest Rate Complex
CHICAGO, May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, reached a record high in single-day volume with 26,947,300 contracts traded across all asset classes on May 29, 2013, surpassing the previous record of 25,734,651 contracts on August 9, 2011.
CME Group also confirmed records in daily trading volume for the following:
- Globex electronic volume reached 23,537,737 surpassing the previous record of 22,887,758 set on August 9, 2011
- Interest Rate futures and options combined reached 19,417,635 surpassing the previous record of 17,164,758 set on February 27, 2007
- Treasury futures and options combined reached 13,189,142 surpassing the previous record of 11,219,180 set on May 28, 2013
- 10-Year U.S. Treasury Note futures and options combined reached 5,892,461 surpassing the previous record of 4,747,148 on February 27, 2007
- 5-Year U.S. Treasury Note futures and options combined reached 3,645,864 surpassing the previous record of 2,994,162 set on May 28, 2013
- Ultra U.S. Treasury Bond futures and options combined reached 679,752 surpassing the previous record of 461,501 contracts set on February 26, 2013
- Deliverable Swap Future reached 15,874 contracts surpassing the previous record of 13,861 set on February 22, 2013
Additional information about CME Group's Interest Rate complex can be found at: www.cmegroup.com/ir. CME Group's Interest Rate contracts are listed by and subject to the rules of CBOT and CME.
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. KCBOT, KCBT and Kansas City Board of Trade are trademarks of The Board of Trade of Kansas City, Missouri, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group
For further information: Media, Michael Shore, 312.930.2363 or Alex Gorbokon, 312.930.3193, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.cmegroup.mediaroom.com or Investors, John Peschier, 312.930.8491