Press release from PR Newswire
PNC Celebrates LGBT PRIDE Month Across 16 Communities
Thursday, May 30, 2013
PNC Celebrates LGBT PRIDE Month Across 16 Communities10:51 EDT Thursday, May 30, 2013
- Local sponsorships reflect PNC's commitment to diversity and inclusion -
PITTSBURGH, May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE: PNC) will celebrate the diversity of its employees and customers by recognizing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) PRIDE Month.
Specifically, PNC will sponsor events in 16 communities - more than twice as many than in previous years - including Baltimore, Md.; Charlotte, N.C.; Chicago, Ill.; Cleveland, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Harrisburg, Pa.; Indianapolis, Ind.; Kalamazoo, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; Milwaukee, Wis.; Central and Northern New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pa.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Washington, D.C.; and seven cities throughout Florida.
"PNC remains committed to our focus on diversity and inclusion, which allows us to better serve the needs of our diverse employees, customers and communities and ultimately helps drive business success," said Marsha Jones, chief diversity officer, PNC. "Our continued support of community PRIDE events gives us the unique opportunity to strengthen our existing partnerships, deepen our customer relationships and engage our LGBT employees and their allies."
2013 PRIDE events include:
- Baltimore Pride, featuring a parade, block party and festival, June 14-16
- Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund's 6th Annual "Happening!" Lunch, May 22
- Chicago Pride Fest, June 22-23
- The Cleveland Pride annual parade and festival, June 29
- The Columbus Pride Festival, including a parade and brunch event, June 21-23
- Seven Equality Florida galas, November 2013-May 2014
- Pride Festival of Central PA (Harrisburg), featuring a parade and festival, July 27
- Indy Pride Festival in Indianapolis, June 8
- The sixth annual Kalamazoo Pride celebration and Pride Festival, June 14-15
- Kentuckiana Pride Festival in Louisville, June 14-15
- The 26th annual PrideFest Milwaukee, featuring musical acts by the Indigo Girls, among others, June 7-9
- Jersey Pride in Central New Jersey, June 2
- Northern New Jersey Pride, featuring a book signing, film screening, 5K run and festival, June 3-9
- New Hope (Philadelphia) Celebrates, featuring a parade, block party and street fair, May 12-19
- Pittsburgh Pride, including Pride in the Street and PrideFest, June 7-16
- The 38th annual Capital Pride Celebration in Washington, D.C., June 8-9
To learn more about these events, visit www.pnc.com/pride. For additional information about PNC's LGBT commitment, visit www.pnc.com/LGBT.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (www.pnc.com) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNews on Twitter for breaking news, updates and announcements from PNC.
Emily Krull(412) email@example.com
SOURCE PNC Financial Services Group