Press release from PR Newswire
Xyratex to Showcase New HPC Storage Offerings and Value at ISC '13
Monday, June 17, 2013
Xyratex to Showcase New HPC Storage Offerings and Value at ISC '1305:40 EDT Monday, June 17, 2013
Recently introduced ClusterStor? 1500 available for demonstration at Xyratex booth; Xyratex to deliver several presentations
HAVANT, United Kingdom, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xyratex Ltd (Nasdaq: XRTX), a leading provider of data storage technology, today announced it will showcase the new ways it is delivering value to HPC storage users at the upcoming 2013 International Supercomputing Conference (ISC '13), to be held June 16-20 in Leipzig, Germany. Xyratex will showcase its recently introduced ClusterStor? 1500 solution for HPC storage, talk at length about its recent acquisition of Lustre® assets and more through a number of speeches and presentations, as well as in its booth exhibition.
"Our ClusterStor family of scale-out HPC storage solutions have achieved remarkable traction in the market in a short time, and initial feedback to last month's ClusterStor 1500 launch from both partners and users has been very positive," said Ken Claffey, senior vice president of the ClusterStor business line at Xyratex. "ISC '13 is the oldest and most significant HPC conference in Europe, and we look forward to showing attendees how our solutions are solving real-world HPC problems and delivering new kinds of value to HPC users."
Xyratex will deliver several presentations during ISC '13:
- Monday, June 17, 1 p.m. ? Ken Claffey participates in the ISC Vendor Showdown 1
- Tuesday, June 18, 12 p.m. ? John Fragalla presents "Scale-Out Storage for HPC" at an Exhibitor Forum in Exhibition Hall 290
- Tuesday, June 18, 2:15 p.m. ? Torben Kling-Petersen participates on the panel of "File Systems for Supercomputers: Challenges for the Future" in Hall 1 of the Congress Center Leipzig
- Tuesday, June 18, 3:15 p.m. ? Torben Kling-Petersen gives a Birds of a Feather session entitled "Lustre as a High Performance, Scalable & Reliable Solution for HPC"
- Tuesday, June 18, 3:30 p.m. ? Michael K. Connolly presents "Lustre Assets Acquisition Update" at the OpenSFS/EOFS Birds of a Feather session at the Messhaus, Room M05
- Wednesday, June 19, 7:15 a.m. ? Torben Kling-Petersen participates in the OpenSFS/EOFS Breakfast Panel in Hall 4 at the Congress Center Leipzig
- Wednesday, June 19, 11:00 a.m. ? Michael K. Connolly presents "Expanding Adoption and Access to Next Generation HPC Storage Utilizing Intel E5 Architecture" at the Intel Theater in booth 341
In addition, demonstrations of ClusterStor 1500 and other Xyratex products will take place at the Xyratex booth, #364.
Xyratex is a leading provider of data storage technology, including modular solutions for the enterprise data storage industry and hard disk drive (HDD) capital equipment for the HDD industry. Xyratex enterprise data storage platforms provide a range of advanced, scalable data storage solutions for the Original Equipment Manufacturer and High Performance Computing communities. As the largest capital equipment supplier to the HDD industry, Xyratex enables disk drive manufacturers and their component suppliers to meet today's technology and productivity requirements. Xyratex has over 25 years of experience in research and development relating to disk drives, storage systems and manufacturing process technology.
Founded in 1994 in an MBO from IBM, and with headquarters in the United Kingdom, Xyratex has an established global base with R&D and operational facilities in North America, Asia and Europe.
Lustre is a registered trademark of Xyratex Ltd. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Xyratex Ltd
For further information: Brad Driver, Vice President of Investor Relations, +1 (510) 687-5260, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jason Sprenger, For Xyratex, +1 (612) 327-1886, email@example.com