Press release from PR Newswire
Chef Megan Ketover Welcomes Liberte Yogurt To Cincinnati
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Chef Megan Ketover Welcomes Liberte Yogurt To Cincinnati09:00 EDT Thursday, June 20, 2013
Local Cincinnati Pastry Chef and Artisanal Yogurt Brand Partner to Create Unique Pastry Pairings
MINNEAPOLIS, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Liberte yogurt and Megan Ketover, head pastry chef at Hilton Cincinnati's Orchids at Palm Court and Bravo's Top Chef: Just Desserts "cheftestant," are partnering to introduce Liberte yogurt to Cincinnatians in a creative way. Ketover is developing a variety of unique dessert pairings using Liberte yogurt and other local flavors. Chef Ketover's innovative style and skill complement Liberte's dedication to crafting delicious yogurt with simple and quality ingredients.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910-a) (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910-b) (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910-c)(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910LOGO-d)
Liberte uses a blend of cultures to create two smooth, creamy varieties and several delicious flavors. Mediterranee is Liberte's signature, whole-milk yogurt available in seven delectable flavors. Liberte Greek is a fat-free delight with a clean, fresh-dairy taste and offers six flavors to sample.
"The art of pastry is all about technique and having an appreciation for the method behind making a quality dessert," said Chef Ketover. "The pairings I am creating with Liberte are a fun twist on classic food that taste as good as they look! The yogurt really helps create the perfect balance of flavor and texture."
Liberte yogurt has a legacy of artisanship and a history as rich as its yogurt. Liberte began in Montreal, started by the Kaporovsky family in 1936, and has since made its way to the U.S., gaining acceptance and recognition from yogurt lovers and foodies from coast to coast. Recently introduced to the Cincinnati area, Liberte continues to stay true to its roots of excellence and distinction, producing a delicious yogurt with simple ingredients, notable flavors and a clean, pure finish.
"Liberte is dedicated to quality products and innovation," says Maggie Watson, associate marketing manager for Liberte. "We're thrilled Megan Ketover is taking Liberte to a new level with her delicious pastry pairings."
Liberte Pairings Created By Chef Megan Ketover
Dark Chocolate Candied Almond Crunch served with Liberte Mediterranee Coconut YogurtYield: Enough crunch to serve with 4 portion cups of Liberte Mediterranee Coconut yogurt
Ingredients: 1/2 cup egg whites1/2 cup granulated sugarDash of nutmeg, ground1/2 tsp sea salt2 cup almonds, sliced1 cup dark chocolate, chopped or chunks (about 6 oz)1/3 cup cocoa powderOptional: fresh cherries or raspberries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Whip together egg whites and sugar until combined.
- Add in nutmeg and sea salt and almonds and toss to combine.
- Spread almond mixture evenly onto parchment or nonstick baking mat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until almonds are light golden brown and coated in caramelized sugar. Edges will cook faster than the center, so the stirring helps to redistribute the candied almonds to cook more evenly.
- Remove from oven and allow the mixture to cool slightly, stirring occasionally to ensure the almonds do not stick together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt the dark chocolate over a barely simmering water bath, stirring occasionally so the chocolate does not get too hot.
- When chocolate is melted, drizzle over candied almonds and stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to cool completely, stirring?occasionally to thoroughly coat the almonds. Sift cocoa powder over chocolate-coated almonds and toss or stir to combine.
- Serve with Liberte Mediterranee Coconut yogurt. Crunch can be stored at room temperature.
Blueberry-Lavender Pound Cake featuring Liberte Greek Blueberry YogurtYield: 1 loaf pan (8" x 4")
4 3/4 cup brown sugar2 cups all-purpose flour1 vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped1 1/2 TBSP dried lavender, ground2 tsp baking powder3/4 tsp salt3 eggs1/4 cup canola oil1 portion cup Liberte Greek Blueberry yogurt1 portion cup Liberte Greek Blueberry yogurt, reserved for swirl on top1/2 cup fresh blueberries, reserved for top of cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare pan using a nonstick spray.
- Using a handheld or standing mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together the brown sugar, flour, vanilla bean seeds, lavender, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, canola oil and half of Liberte Greek Blueberry yogurt.
- Mix on medium speed just until ingredients are combined, about 2 minutes.
- Portion batter into pan and top with remaining Liberte Greek Blueberry yogurt and extra blueberries, swirling batter lightly to incorporate.
- Bake about 25?30 minutes until the cake is golden brown and springs back in the center.
- Allow cake to cool to room temperature before removing from pan and store well wrapped at room temperature.
An exclusive breakfast panna cotta with granola featuring Liberte Mediterranee yogurt will be featured on the menu at Hilton Cincinnati's Orchids at Palm restaurant for a limited time only.
Liberte is now available at retailers including Kroger and Giant Eagle Market, and at casual and fine dining locations. To learn more about Liberte yogurt and the rich history behind it, please visit www.liberteusa.com or find Liberte USA on Facebook and Twitter.
About LiberteLiberte is a treasure that originated in Montreal and is now quickly sweeping across America. Founded in 1936 by the Kaporovsky family as a high-quality kosher creamery, Liberte later expanded its expertise to include yogurt. Staying true to the family's mission of excellence and distinction, Liberte expanded in the U.S. and continues to make high-quality yogurt. Its signature variety, the indulgent Mediterranee, and its new creamy Greek variety come in a wide range of flavors. Best defined as artisan, Liberte is dedicated to bringing their passion for craftsmanship to your table, conveying delight, flavor, richness and the satisfaction that comes with providing high-quality and astoundingly delicious products. Liberte is sold at grocery retailers and select delis throughout the United States and Canada. For more information, visit www.liberteusa.com or find Liberte USA on Facebook and Twitter.
For further information: Media Contact: Megan Marshall, 612-215-3436, email@example.com, General Mills Contact: Ieesha McKinzie or Mike Siemienas, 763-764-6364, firstname.lastname@example.org