Press release from PR Newswire
Allstate Assisting Policyholders Cleaning Up After Storms
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Allstate Assisting Policyholders Cleaning Up After Storms12:06 EDT Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Allstate Offers Six Post-Storm Tips for Homeowners
NORTHBROOK, Ill., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Once it is safe, Allstate Insurance recommends residents dealing with the damage from the recent severe weather carefully inspect their homes and vehicles for damage caused by storms.
Allstate policyholders can begin the claim process by calling or visiting their agent, calling 1-800-54-STORM (1-800-547-8676) or logging onto Allstate.com.
Here are some tips to help pick up the pieces:
- Make sure your home is structurally safe. If your home has sustained serious structural damage, be extremely careful and be sure it is safe to be inside the home.
- Prepare to file an insurance claim by gathering all relevant policy numbers.
- Report possible claims promptly.
- Make reasonable temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Save the receipts for temporary home repairs as these expenses may be reimbursed as part of your homeowner's policy. Your adjuster will need this information.
- If your home is uninhabitable, review your policy to find out what additional living expenses your insurance policy may provide. Keep any receipts for expenses that may be reimbursed as part of your homeowners' policy.
- Inventory your home and list damaged items before your adjuster arrives. An inventory can help facilitate the claim process after a disaster.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives, as well as via www.allstate.com, www.allstate.com/financial and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®." As part of Allstate's commitment to strengthen local communities, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate employees, agency owners and the corporation provided $29 million in 2012 to thousands of nonprofit organizations and important causes across the United States.
For further information: Laura Strykowski, 847-402-5600, firstname.lastname@example.org