Press release from PR Newswire
Chevrolet Certified Service Ready to Rescue at Woodward
Friday, August 09, 2013
Chevrolet Certified Service Ready to Rescue at Woodward10:00 EDT Friday, August 09, 2013
Five 2014 Chevrolet Silverados staffed with technicians to help dream cruisers
DETROIT, Aug. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad will be cruising Woodward Avenue on Saturday, Aug. 17 to help keep things moving by lending an assist to beautiful classic cruisers that stall, overheat or run out of gas.
"It's called the 'The Dream Cruise', but an overheated engine, a drained battery, or a flat tire can turn that dream into a nightmare for enthusiasts whose countdown clock to Woodward starts the day it ends," said Steve Walczak, Chevrolet Certified Service marketing manager. "No one wants to breakdown or cause 'The Dream Traffic Jam,' so Chevrolet Certified Service technicians will be assisting cruisers with minor issues that can be easily remedied."
Stats compiled by last year's Chevrolet Certified Service Rescue Squad point to a few key items to which cruisers should pay special attention before they hit the road with their classics:
- Battery ? make sure the battery is charged, the terminals are clean and check for wear or aging of the alternator belt and distributor cap.
- Fluids ? check fluid levels to make sure the vehicle is ready to operate for several hours and have extra to top it off when necessary.
- Gas ? fill it up and top it off before embarking on the journey. A sticky or faulty gas gage can leave you stranded on the side of the road.
- Tires ? check the tire pressure and condition especially if it's a vehicle driven only a few times a year.
- Blades ? make sure the windshield wipers are in good operating condition in the event of rain.
ASE certified technicians provided by Buff Whelan, Gordon, Les Stanford, Mary Feldman and Suburban Chevrolet will travel up and down Woodward during the cruise in five red 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Rescue Squad Pickup trucks.
In addition to the roaming Silverados, there are the two Chevrolet Certified Service locations where cruisers of all makes and models can go for help:
- Fifth Third Bank - 29710 Woodward Ave (2 blocks N. 12 Mile) Royal Oak, MI 48073
- The Vitamin Shoppe (Normandy Plaza) - 31753 Woodward Ave Royal Oak, MI 48073
This is the second year for the Certified Service Rescue Squad at the Woodward Dream Cruise. Last year, the squad helped more than 25 cruisers in need, so Chevrolet decided to increase the Rescue Squad from two to five vehicles.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
SOURCE General Motors
For further information: Pam Flores, GM Communications, Customer Care and Aftersales, 313-590-9627, email@example.com