Press release from Business Wire
GameStop Announces Special Guests for GameStop EXPO 2013
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>Attendees can meet NBA player Paul George, famed writer and artist Todd McFarlane, voice actor Nolan North, NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth and many popular characters</i> </p>
Thursday, August 15, 2013
GameStop Announces Special Guests for GameStop EXPO 201319:38 EDT Thursday, August 15, 2013
GRAPEVINE, Texas (Business Wire) -- GameStop, the world's largest multichannel retailer of video games, is offering the public and PowerUp Rewards™ members an unforgettable experience in meeting celebrities and video gaming luminaries, getting autographs and playing games months before release at the ultimate event for gaming fans: GameStop EXPO at the Sands Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. on Wednesday, Aug. 28.
GameStop EXPO attendees will have the chance to meet the following special guests during the event:
- Indiana Pacers basketball player Paul George signing autographs in the 2K booth from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- McFarlane Toys Founder and Legendary Spawn artist, Todd McFarlane, at 10:00-11:30 a.m. at the McFarlane Toys booth. Fans will also receive a FREE limited-edition McFarlane designed Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag mini-poster, meet game developers and see what's new in the highly-anticipated Assassin's Creed ® IV Black Flag ™ in the Ubisoft booth.
- Named one of the best video game concept artists on the planet, Jesse van Dijk, known for his work on Destiny ™ , will be signing autographs at the Activision booth
- One of the industry's brightest stars: Nolan North. Well known for his voice work as Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series, Desmond Miles from Assassin's Creed, the Penguin in Batman: Arkham City and many more memorable characters, North will be available for autographs at the Turtle Beach booth from 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m. *times subject to change
- Matt Kenseth, driver of the No. 18 GameStop Toyota, and get his autograph from 12:00-2:00 p.m. at the NASCAR/Toyota booth
For other photo opportunities, fans can:
- Bring their mates, deck themselves in the finest pirate garb and get a souvenir photo at the Assassin's Creed ® IV Black Flag ™ photo booth and have their photo taken with a life-size Connor Kenway statue – all within the Ubisoft booth
- Get mistaken for zombies after getting their face painted like those in Dying Light at the Warner Bros. booth
- Be "COOL" and have a picture taken with the kids of South Park ™ at the South Park ™: The Stick of Truth ™ photo booth – and don't forget to get free ice-cream at Mr. Hanky's soft serve ice-cream truck
- Visit the Adventure Time Finn and Jake Giant Balloon and come dressed as their favorite Adventure Time character to enter a costume contest for prizes at the D3P Booth. Even if one isn't dressing up, they can swing by and preview upcoming titles like Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!, Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-Bit Land, Ben 10 Omniverse 2, BEYBLADE: Evolution, and get a glimpse at Earth Defense Force 2025!
- Get a photo with all five of the Power Rangers MEGAFORCE® and the one and only PAC-MAN™
- Behold Cinderella's carriage, monster-truck style, as seen in Disney's upcoming Infinity
Gamers can also play with some of the newest and most anticipated games coming soon:
- Call of Duty ® : Ghosts
- Skylanders SWAP Force
- Diablo III
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- LEGO ® Marvel ™ Super Heroes
- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
Plus, GameStop EXPO is a prime spot to win prizes from the leading companies in the video gaming and mobile electronics industries. Show attendees can:
- Get their hands on HALO Avatar figure giveaways from McFarlane Toys
- Have a chance to win a throned Dracula statue thanks to Konami Digital Entertainment
- Get to the Sony booth to jump in a Gran Turismo 6 playable sled and enter to win a PS4 and other items
- Pick up Call of Duty ® pointers from top ranked gamer Jordan "ProoFy" Cannon and enter a raffle to win the Xbox 360 he'll be playing on at the Otterbox booth
- Visit the GameStick booth to get hands on the world's most portable game console and enter a drawing to win one of 200 units
Attendees shouldn't missthe hottest spot at the GameStop EXPO, GameStop's Store on the Floor, which will have nearly 1,000 souvenirs, collectibles and other swag available for purchase. Supplies are limited so customers will need to stop by early for their chance to grab some favorite items, such as:
- Collectibles featuring Mass Effect, Minecraft, Assassin's Creed, Walking Dead, Star Wars, LEGO and more
- The hottest new video game titles like Madden 25 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- Activision's Skylanders® Giants starter packs, figures, backpacks and more
- Disney Infinity
- Collector's edition games and game accessories
- Headphones from Skull Candy
- Tablets, media players and phones
For more information about GameStop EXPO and to register for the show, visit www.gamestop.com/expo. VIP tickets are sold out but general admission tickets are still available for $45 in all U.S. GameStop stores and at www.gamestop.com/expo.
GameStop is also now offering a specially priced admission ticket for students to enjoy EXPO after school for a discounted price. Student admission can be purchased onsite for $20 starting at 3:30 p.m. until the floor closes at 6:00 p.m.
Attendees must be 17 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult. Some activities or games may feature mature content. Exhibitors reserve the right to censor content for guests under the age of 17 even when a consenting parent or guardian is present. All attendees under the age of 20 will be asked to wear a wristband to identify the ESRB rating that's best suited for their age group.
About GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is the world's largest multichannel video game retailer. GameStop's global retail network and family of brands include 6,544 company-operated stores in 15 countries and online at www.GameStop.com. The network also includes: www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the leading multi-platform video game publication; Spawn Labs, a streaming technology company; a digital PC game distribution platform available at www.GameStop.com/pc; and an online consumer electronics trade-in platform available at www.BuyMyTronics.com.
General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company's corporate website http://news.gamestop.com/. Follow GameStop on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/GameStop and find GameStop on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/GameStop.