Press release from Business Wire
GE Unveils ‘Kitchen Reimagined' Contest, Where Cooking Failures Win
<ul> <li class='bwlistitemmargb'> <i>Top flops will have a chance at redemption with an invite to GE's Virtual Kitchen to re-create failed dishes under expert Chef Jeffrey Saad's guidance</i> </li> </ul>
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
GE Unveils ‘Kitchen Reimagined' Contest, Where Cooking Failures Win10:15 EDT Tuesday, August 20, 2013
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Business Wire) -- GE is kicking off a new contest, and the only way to win it is to fail!
Imagine a cooking contest where the biggest flop wins. Introducing the GE “Reimagining Home” Cooking Fail Redemption, a contest where consumers submit their best cooking failure and the story behind it to the GE Cooking Fail Tumblr page. The contest, part of “Reimagining Home,” a new GE brand campaign, offers consumers the chance at redemption with an invitation to GE's headquarters in Louisville, Ky. to re-create the same dish under the guidance of expert Chef Jeffrey Saad, host of United Tastes of America on the Cooking Channel. The contest kicks off August 19, 2013, and runs through September 3, 2013.
“At GE, we asked ourselves: If your kitchen could study you, and your failures, how would it adapt to make your life easier, your meals better?” said Eddie Martin, chief marketing officer for GE Appliances. “To answer that question, we launched our 'Reimagining Home' campaign, a new way to look at the functionality of the kitchen, where we sometimes succeed, sometimes fail—and it's these moments of human fallibility that make the campaign so easily relatable to consumers.”
The road to winning with a cooking fail starts and finishes in GE's Kitchen Reimagined interactive space, an extension of the 'Reimagining Home' campaign. There, visitors can explore clickable hot spots to pull up insights, tips, smart design features, infographics, demo videos, social streams and little lessons to learn more in the kitchen. Because the virtual kitchen never stops learning, it continuously updates with new information from GE experts, cooking pros and consumers.
How to enter:
- When users click on a plate on the counter at Kitchen Reimagined, a Cooking Fail Redemption Tumblr page pops up, featuring the world's best cooking fails.
- Then it's the consumers' turn: GE will ask users to submit the story behind their cooking fail within three categories including entrees, desserts and other.
- The grand prize winner will win a trip to Louisville to re-create their failing recipe with Chef Jeffrey Saad and hopefully find redemption. The grand prize winner also receives three GE appliances.
- The first runner-up winner also wins a trip to Louisville and meet with Chef Jeffrey Saad to re-create their dish. The first runner-up will also win one GE appliance.
- The second runner-up winner will win a trip to Louisville to re-create their dish with Chef Jeffrey Saad.
- The online episodes will be filmed and posted on Oct. 21, 2013, until Nov. 10, 2013. The contest kicks off Aug. 19, 2013, and runs through Sept. 3, 2013. Winners will be announced between Sept. 6, 2013 and Sept. 13, 2013.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people's lives. GE Appliances' products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
Julie Wood, PR Manager, 502-452-5914