Press release from Business Wire
BMC Software Reduces IBM®* Mainframe Software Operating Costs by More than 20 Percent
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>Powerful BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise Saves CIOs Big Money</i> </p>
Thursday, September 05, 2013
BMC Software Reduces IBM®* Mainframe Software Operating Costs by More than 20 Percent10:02 EDT Thursday, September 05, 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif. (Business Wire) -- BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) today introduced a powerful new product designed to save CIOs millions of dollars by slashing their IBM® mainframe software expenses by more than 20 percent.
BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise delivers easy-to-use predictive analytics designed to help IT departments plan, report and reduce their mainframe licensing charge (MLC) by identifying system peaks and recommending preemptive cost-reduction strategies. After deploying the BMC Cost Analyzer, a typical customer consuming 5,000 MIPS (million instructions per second) -- at an annual cost of $3.6 million -- could save $720,000 or more with the new BMC solution.
The proof is there, according to Swiss Re Group, a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. As a first adopter, Swiss Re has been active in the BMC Cost Analyzer beta and development program. The company also is a member of the BMC Mainframe Advisory council.
Key Points to Know
- IT pays Big Blue ‘Big Bucks'. IBM® mainframe MLC costs are increasing more than seven percent annually. A drill-down reveals that the cost of core IBM® software is 35 percent or more – the largest single line item in today's mainframe budget. BMC Cost Analyzer can slash that by 20 percent or more.
- The razor's edge is sharp. Management walks a fine line between making manual cost adjustments and preserving digital services, all with very limited transparency into the merit or success of MLC cost management efforts.
- BMC mainframe innovation blitz. The company has released six major new mainframe products in the past 12 months including BMC Application Accelerator for IMS, BMC Workbench for DB2®, and BMC Control-M Workload Automation JCL Verify. BMC continues to empower IT to align cost reduction strategies with digital services, providing CIOs with better insight and leverage in cost negotiations. With BMC, customers can reduce monthly mainframe costs and delay upgrades by replacing existing competitive tools with innovative, resource-efficient mainframe management solutions from BMC.
Eduardo J. Ciliendo, Head of Mainframe – Swiss Re:
“We are excited to be using such an innovative product. IBM® offers mainframe customers great flexibility with the variable MLC model. Thanks to BMC we now have a tool to fully exploit this flexibility. The power and insight of BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise is something customers have wanted for a long time. We believe the new BMC mainframe cost analyzer technology will play an important role in making the mainframe more visible to LOB executives that own Swiss Re's critical business processes and in reducing their mainframe costs. ”
Jay Lipovich, Director of Solutions Marketing, BMC Software:
“With the launch of BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise, BMC Software again shows why it is the leader in low-cost mainframe management solutions. BMC Cost Analyzer lets IT management take aim at reducing the big cost item in the budget – monthly MLC costs. The solution gives them the clarity to see what can be done, the accuracy to know just what will happen, and the confidence to act in reducing mainframe costs.”
RSS Feed for BMC Software: http://www.bmc.com/subscriptions/?intcmp=foot_sub_rss
- Swiss Re
- Forrester: Mark Bartrick Blog
- BMC Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise
- BMC Mainframe
- BMC Software
*All IBM trademarks that are referred to or displayed are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
BMC Software. IT innovation drives business transformation.
For more than 30 years, BMC has helped thousands of companies around the world master IT complexity. From mainframe to mobile, from the back room to the boardroom, BMC delivers the automation, integration, and sophistication that enable the business and IT to perform like never before. To learn more, visit bmc.com.
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. zEnterprise is a registered trademark of IBM. © Copyright 2013 BMC Software, Inc.