Press release from Business Wire
Nautilus Inc. Unveils New Suite of Products from Bowflex® and Schwinn® at New York Special Event
<p class='bwalignc'> <b>Products Feature New Innovations, New Design and New Connectivity</b> </p>
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Nautilus Inc. Unveils New Suite of Products from Bowflex® and Schwinn® at New York Special Event08:00 EDT Tuesday, September 10, 2013
NEW YORK (Business Wire) -- September 10, 2013 -Nautilus Inc. (NYSE: NLS), a leader in innovative home fitness equipment, today debuted new products, including the Bowflex MAX Trainer™, the Bowflex Boost™ smart activity tracker, the Bowflex® SelectTech® mobile app and newly redesigned Schwinn® cardio products.
“We are excited about the newest products we've developed for home use. These products are inspired by our consumer insights and truly represent our focus on creating new and innovative designs with features and functionality, making it even easier for our consumers to reach their fitness goals,” said Bruce Cazenave, CEO of Nautilus Inc. “With the introduction of the MAX Trainer targeted at elliptical users combined with the TreadClimber aimed squarely at treadmill users, Bowflex cardio innovation now reaches across the two largest equipment categories, paving the way for continued brand growth.”
The next generation of workout equipment was inspired by consumers' need to connect, share, monitor and track fitness activity across their social channels and mobile devices. Focusing on consumer insights and advanced product testing, Nautilus Inc. is delivering the ultimate home fitness experience across its family of brands.
The new product lineup includes:
Bowflex MAX Trainer™
- The Bowflex Max Trainer™ is a ground-breaking full body cardio machine that burns more than two-and-a-half times the calories of other fitness equipment, engages the upper body 80 percent more than a traditional elliptical and is easier on the joints than running on a treadmill. The secret behind this new cardio concept lies in the industrial design as it relates to total body movement. This combined with the interval workout maximizes the benefits of after-burn, which ignites a user's metabolism up to 48 hours after a workout is completed. Its unique upright design and small footprint also make it ideal for in-home use.
- The Bowflex Boost™ band is an affordable, 24-hour monitoring band that tracks activities throughout the day – calories, steps and distance – and into the night. The band is designed with Bluetooth® Smart technology, provides extended battery life of up to 11 days and is currently available for iOS devices (4s and higher). The free software is available through the iTunes® App StoreSM and automatically syncs with mobile devices allowing the user to set and monitor progress toward daily fitness goals.
Bowflex® SelectTech® mobile app
- The Bowflex® SelectTech® mobile iOS app delivers an interactive weight-training experience complete with custom Bowflex workouts. Designed for use with or without Bowflex® SelectTech® dumbbells, this app allows users to track their strength training activities, create distinct profiles and compete with friends. The three trainer-led workouts include Standard Workouts, Quick Workouts and a 6-Week Signature Program designed to build muscle and increase strength. To motivate users, the app awards Flex Points for each completed workout and shows where they stand in comparison to friends and social communities. The Bowflex® SelectTech® app is compatible with iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® and is free to download this fall from the iTunes® App StoreSM.
Schwinn® Cardio Series
- The new line of Schwinn® products features a proprietary DualTrack™ LCD display and goal-tracking functionality that sets and records time, distance and calories. This advanced cardio line from Schwinn® features new upright and recumbent exercise bikes and ellipticals at multiple price points. Other features include 29 motivational workout programs, four individualized user settings and goal tracking to measure results. Users can upload their results via USB to the SchwinnConnect™ website for weekly, monthly and yearly progress tracking. Additionally all fitness activity will automatically sync with the MyFitnessPal® mobile app to help millions of users keep track of their calorie burn in the MyFitnessPal® community.
For more information visit:
Available for free at the App Store:
- Bowflex® SelectTech® Trainer App
- Bowflex Boost™ App
About Nautilus Inc.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Wash., Nautilus Inc. (NYSE: NLS) is a global fitness products company providing innovative, quality solutions to help people achieve a healthy lifestyle. With a brand portfolio including Nautilus®, Bowflex®, Schwinn® and Universal®, Nautilus, Inc. markets innovative fitness products through Direct and Retail channels. Websites: www.nautilusinc.com, www.bowflex.com, www.treadclimber.com, www.corebody.com and www.bowflexinsider.com.
The Hoffman Agency
Investor Relations Contact: