Press release from Business Wire
MasterCard Shows Consumers 10 Ways to Pay in the Digital Age
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>Innovation Showcase highlights new digital shopping experiences – in aisle, at a stadium, on-the-go and online – via mobile and wearable devices</i> </p> <p class='bwalignc'> <i>To tweet this news, copy and paste</i>: <a href='http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F17ODWwy&esheet=50706672&lan=en-US&anchor=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F17ODWwy&index=1&md5=1afcc1a5e9ea9b0795e8af6814b200bb'>http://bit.ly/17ODWwy</a> <i>to your Twitter handle with</i><b> #MATech</b> </p>
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
MasterCard Shows Consumers 10 Ways to Pay in the Digital Age14:35 EDT Wednesday, September 11, 2013
NEW YORK (Business Wire) -- Stay on top of fashion, get a great price from a local merchant, and buy your hot dog and peanuts at the ball game—all from a mobile device? MasterCard (NYSE:MA) is making all this – and more – possible, brought to life at the Innovation Showcase where MasterCard displayed the many ways it is revolutionizing the consumer shopping experience. Held in conjunction with its annual Investor Day, the Innovation Showcase offered a glimpse into the products and services that transform the shopping experience and enhance convenience and security for consumers.
A MasterCard Labs employee demonstrates how wearable devices can be used for digital shopping at the MasterCard Innovation Showcase event. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The digital lifestyle is radically altering the day-to-day shopping experience, and habits, of consumers. As a result, consumers will now shop and pay in whatever way best fits their needs and lifestyles, from every device they have, with a simple tap, click or touch at the register, in the aisle, at home, on the go – or anywhere else,” said Ed McLaughlin, Chief Emerging Payments Officer, MasterCard. “We continue to lead this transition to digital and deliver the next, best and most innovative solutions to meet the needs of consumers and merchants.”
Here is a look at 10 ways to pay in the digital age and how MasterCard is shaping the future of digital shopping and payments:
- ShopThis! with MasterPass™ – Imagine you're looking through your favorite digital fashion content and see the must-have coat of the season. Through MasterCard's work with Intel® and PhiSix Fashion Labs, consumers will be able to buy products directly from Intel's Virtual Shopping Experience - a fully interactive 3D virtual fitting room app.
- Wearable Devices – MasterCard Labs shows how wearable devices are digital shopping devices — which will change the way consumers shop and pay for things and how merchants interact with their customers.
- MasterPass by MasterCard – If you're tired of entering the same contact and payment information every time you shop online or via mobile, this digital wallet solution can help. It simplifies the shopping experience for consumers by storing shipping, personal and card information to make digital checkouts much easier.
– This popular app is being used in various ways to provide
consumers with convenient ways to pay:
- In-stadium – MasterCard is expanding this popular app to allow consumers to order and pay for food from their seat with their mobile device. Now in beta testing with Legends Hospitality, QkR will help fans catch every minute of the game at the stadium.
- QkR Schools – This app means never having to hear “Mom, I lost my lunch money” again. It makes it easy for parents to pre-order and pay for school lunches.
- Parkeon – Who knew parking could give such great rewards? Through this innovative technology with Parkeon, consumers can get coupons for local businesses every time they use their MasterCard to pay for parking.
- Qantas Cash – This next generation loyalty card from Qantas Airlines makes international travel more convenient—from check-in to landing. It allows members to pre-load foreign currency to spend in Australia or overseas at any of the 35 million locations MasterCard is accepted. Even better – the card can also be used as your boarding pass.
- Fuel Rewards Network – With gas prices fluctuating, it's always nice to get a reward for filling up the tank. With this partnership, MasterCard cardholders earn savings on gas purchases, which they can then use to shop at participating grocery stores.
- “Digital Food” – MasterCard brings food donation into the digital age, working to help transform the World Food Programme's business model by replacing in-kind food deliveries with “digital food”. This allows people to buy food from local traders using electronic payments and gives them an important introduction to safer and more secure ways to pay.
- Simplify Commerce – Simplify Commerce makes it very easy for merchants to accept e-commerce and mobile commerce payments, regardless of payment brand, in a matter of minutes, and provides consumers with the convenience to pay how they want, when they want.
MasterCard (NYSE:MA), www.mastercard.com,is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world's fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard's products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews,join the discussion on the Cashless Conversations Blog and subscribe for the latest news.
Marcy Cohen, 914-249-2214