Press release from Business Wire
Equinix Ad-IX Ecosystem Gains Global Momentum
<p class='bwalignc'> <i><b>Customers include MediaMath, Casale Media, AdJuggler, BrightRoll and Rocket Fuel</b></i> </p>
Monday, October 07, 2013
Equinix Ad-IX Ecosystem Gains Global Momentum08:00 EDT Monday, October 07, 2013
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (Business Wire) -- Equinix Inc. (Nasdaq:EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced continued growth for its Ad-IX™ ecosystem, with more than 85 ad tech companies now represented. Since its launch in April, Equinix has added several noteworthy customers including MediaMath, Casale Media, AdJuggler, BrightRoll, and Rocket Fuel, among others.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Ad tech providers are increasingly looking to become part of the Ad-IX ecosystem to facilitate faster ad bidding and ad delivery. By offering direct interconnections between ad exchanges, demand side platforms (DSPs), data aggregators and all other parties involved in the ad bidding process, Equinix helps these businesses reduce average network latency down to sub-millisecond levels and gain more time for data analysis. Additionally, this helps ad buyers better calculate the value of the ad impressions at auction, and helps ad exchanges increase the bids per impression.
- MediaMath, inventor of the demand side platform, turned to Platform Equinix's global footprint to establish points of presence (PoPs) around the globe including New York, Chicago, Silicon Valley, Paris, Zurich, Hong Kong, Tokyo and São Paulo. These PoPs enable MediaMath to peer in these markets with a wide range of partners, from supply side platforms for inventory to data suppliers in order to improve its TerminalOne Marketing Operating System™.
- Due to the programmatic nature of media buying in today's market, MediaMath's demand for connectivity is extremely high. MediaMath required high interconnectivity to ensure a SLA of greater than 2,000,000 QPS (queries/sec) at sub-50ms across most channels for its TerminalOne Marketing OS. Previously this was an entirely manual process, which required engineers to manually locate partners in each market and arrange connectivity through existing mutual public exchanges or private interconnections. By leveraging the Ad-IX ecosystem, MediaMath has realized significant time and automation gains over its traditional method, reduced costs and increased transparency to its global peering process.
- Casale Media, a supply side provider of online media and technology, assertively deployed in five Equinix data centers in Europe, Asia and the U.S. thus far this year including Amsterdam, Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C., Hong Kong and New York. The company works directly with premium media organizations with a focus on brand safety and control for advertisers and publishers.
- The strength of Casale Media's products such as Optimax®, the first real-time ad servicing and optimization platform with a self-perfecting algorithm at its core, and Index by Casale Media, the first fully transparent real-time bidding management technology, have been greatly enhanced through its interconnection with other businesses via Platform Equinix™. By deploying in multiple IBX® data centers, Casale Media has experienced significant month-to-month reductions in network costs.
- In April 2013, BrightRoll launched VideoRTB+, the fastest real-time bidding (RTB) solution in the digital video advertising industry, which is available only inside Equinix data centers. BrightRoll achieved impressive gains by using the Equinix Ad-IX platform instead of public networks for its ad exchange traffic, including an 80 percent reduction in RTB network latency and a 10 percent reduction in average bid response times.
- Additionally, BrightRoll worked with demand side platform (DSP) leader Rocket Fuel to test changes in ad response rates using VideoRTB+ instead of a public network connection. The companies measured a bid success rate improvement of 48 percent for video ad inventory buyers.
- Equinix is sponsoring the upcoming BrightRoll Video Summit (BRVS) in Toronto on November 13. To request a meeting at this event, please email email@example.com.
, CIO, MediaMath:
“Considering the large number of partners our TerminalOne users need to connect to and draw data from, deploying to the degree that MediaMath did in multiple Equinix data centers on four continents was absolutely the right decision. Our participation in Ad-IX has lowered latency and improved stability to existing partners, and lowered bills to our transit providers. Through Platform Equinix, we've discovered new partners and enjoyed more open lines of communication all around.”
, vice president of Strategy, Casale Media:
“Within the fast-paced world of Internet advertising, there is little margin for error. Our customers entrust us with speedy yet smart, on-brand purchasing. We pride ourselves on this crucial differentiator, which is also a key reason for our multi-regional presence in the robust Ad-IX ecosystem. Equinix was a natural fit for us and those who use our technology, and we're looking forward to even greater synergies.”
, vice president, Technology, AdJuggler:
“In today's highly competitive ad tech market, companies rely on access to the right mix of industry players and the technology to provide the low latency and speed needed to make successful bidding a reality — AdJuggler has found that Equinix's Ad-IX ecosystem is a great way to both. By directly connecting to other ad tech companies within the value chain, publishers and networks on the AdJuggler Platform can serve up RTB for video and mobile ads to maximize their yields.”
Jim Davis, senior analyst, 451 Group:
“The ad-tech market is going through a metamorphosis analogous to the one seen with the financial exchanges in recent years where low-latency offerings became highly sought after to gain a competitive edge. In a similar fashion, the online advertising market is seeking out speed and performance, and the way to do that is to bring together disparate industry players in the ecosystem and connect them via the data center in a way that can improve the business of all the participants.”
, general manager, Cloud & Content, Equinix:
“Our customers in the online advertising space have a need to accelerate the pace of ad bidding and delivery; Equinix is actively helping to address that challenge in the Ad-IX ecosystem. We are committed to providing ad tech companies an efficient way to connect to the ad tech value chain in order to improve performance and generate revenue through more efficient and effective ad delivery.”
- Equinix's Ad-IX Ecosystem Cuts Milliseconds and Adds Business Opportunities (blog)
- BrightRoll Customer Success Story (PDF)
- How Equinix's Ad-IX ecosystem enables BrightRoll (video)
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq:EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts (Americas):
Melissa Neumann, +1-650-598-6098
Liam Rose, +1-650-598-6590
Caroline Kawashima, +1-415-318-4367
Equinix Media Contacts (APAC):
Lorraine Little-Bigelow, + (852) 2970 7742
Kendrick Leung, + (852) 2970 7711
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Emma Jenkins / Andrea Friedman
+ (852) 3944 5000
Equinix Media Contact (EMEA)
Rowland Harding, +44 (0)20 8846 0718