Press release from Business Wire
UBS Wealth Management Americas Relaunches Equity Compensation Business
Friday, October 18, 2013
UBS Wealth Management Americas Relaunches Equity Compensation Business09:15 EDT Friday, October 18, 2013
NEW YORK (Business Wire) -- UBS Wealth Management Americas, a division of UBS AG, recently announced the relaunch of its equity plan business: UBS Equity Plan Advisory Services (formerly known as Corporate Employee Financial Services or CEFS). The new brand reflects the company's significant and on-going commitment to the business, its corporate clients and all plan participants.
"There are two imperatives behind our name change," explained Michael Barry, head of UBS Equity Plan Advisory Services. "We wanted the name to clearly identify the business we are in, and to state our key differentiator, advice. Delivering customized solutions to U.S. based multinational corporations and providing access to advice to all plan participants in the U.S. and many countries around the world is our core offering."
The rebranding comes as the group continues to invest and grow its business. In 2013, UBS:
- will invest nearly $40 million to enhance its cutting-edge platform and continue to expand its industry expertise
- earned the highest rating for partial and a top rating for full administration services, the only firm to be so highly rated in both categories, in the Group Five 2013 Stock Plan Administration Satisfaction Study
- introduced a new thought leadership website that provides best practices and expert perspectives to help equity plan professionals keep abreast of developments in this highly complex business
- launched UBS's Wealth Advice Center for its corporate clients' broad-based plan participants; the Wealth Advice Center provides advice based solutions through experienced financial advisor teams to participants who open full service accounts
- was recognized by Barron's for having some of the industry's most exceptional Financial Advisors
Later this year, Equity Plan Advisory Services will introduce a greatly expanded education driven program, which will include the ability to access UBS's full suite of advice-based services, on its participant website, UBS One Source. "Our goal is to help participants better understand their equity awards as part of their overall financial lives. Providing access to advice tailored to each participant's individual circumstances is critical to effectively accomplishing this goal," Barry said.
UBS Equity Plan Advisory Services currently serves more than 130 companies representing more than one million participants in over 150 countries. UBS Equity Plan Advisory Services provides both partial and full plan administrative services, offering customized plan administration based on specific company needs.
Notes for Editors
About UBS Wealth Management Americas
UBS Wealth Management Americas provides advice-based relationships through financial advisors who deliver a fully integrated set of products and services specifically designed to address the needs of ultra-high net worth, high net worth and core affluent individuals and families. It includes the Wealth Management U.S. business, the domestic Canadian business and the international business booked in the United States.
UBS AG and its subsidiaries draw on a 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland. Its business strategy is centered on its pre-eminent global wealth management businesses and its universal bank in Switzerland. Together with a client-focused Investment Bank and a strong, well-diversified Global Asset Management business, UBS will drive further growth and expand its premier wealth management franchise. UBS AG is present in all major financial centers worldwide. It has offices in 57 countries, with about 35% of its employees working in the Americas, 36% in Switzerland, 17% in the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa and 12% in Asia Pacific. UBS AG employs about 62,000 people around the world. Its shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Gregg Rosenberg, 212-713-8842
Follow us on Twitter: @UBSAmericas