Press release from Business Wire
Intuit Small Business Big Game Announces Semi-finalists
<p class='bwalignc'> <b>Twenty Small Businesses Keep Their Drive Alive to Score Ad in Football's Biggest Game</b> </p>
Monday, October 28, 2013
Intuit Small Business Big Game Announces Semi-finalists08:30 EDT Monday, October 28, 2013
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (Business Wire) -- From healthy treats to delicious sweets and friends on a farm to products that charm; the Intuit Small Business Big Game 20 semi-finalists represent the spirit and diversity of today's American small businesses.
From almost 15,000 entries, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) has selected the 20 small businesses that will stay in the game and play for the ultimate prize – a 30-second custom television advertisement that will air during football's biggest game on Feb. 2, 2014. In the initial rounds of the program these business owners told their stories, rallied their fans and shared their passion for why they deserve the opportunity of a lifetime. Their efforts paid off as they now move to the final rounds of the competition.
“We had the challenging task of narrowing the playing field from thousands of incredible, deserving small businesses to 20,” said Ken Wach, vice president of marketing, Intuit Small Business Group. “In the end, these semi-finalists will help put all small businesses on a national stage and demonstrate their contributions to our economy with their amazing stories.”
The Semi-finalist Roster
The semi-finalists include (in alphabetical order):
- Anda Piroshki – San Francisco, CA
- Barley Labs – Durham, NC
- Barre Bee Fit – Chicago, IL
- Clean George – Bend, OR
- Cops & Doughnuts – Clare, MI
- Dairy Poop – Nampa, ID
- Dream Beard – Atlanta, GA
- Food for Lovers – Austin, TX
- GoldieBlox – Oakland, CA
- Goodie Two Sleeves – Chatsworth, CA
- Jackson's Honest Chips – Crested Butte, CO
- Kebroak BBQ Company – Hialeah, FL
- Liddabit Sweets – Brooklyn, NY
- Locally Laid Egg – Duluth, MN
- Mama Jess – Barrington, IL
- Sweet Lucie's Organic Ice Cream – Los Angeles, CA
- Three Jerks – Venice, CA
- Urban Wood Goods – Chicago, IL
- Wire A Cake - Huntington Beach, CA
- Woofie's - Ashburn, VA
In the Red Zone
As the program nears completion, Intuit's 8,000 employees will view all 20 semi-finalists' submissions and vote on their favorite small business that they believe best represents Intuit. These votes will determine the final four, who will be announced on Nov. 11. The world will then vote online on the Small Business Big Game website through Dec. 1 to select the ultimate winner.
The Fine Print
- More information on these semi-finalists is available on the Small Business Big Game website at www.SmallBusinessBigGame.com.
- To join the Small Business Big Game social conversation, share on Facebook and Twitter using #TeamSmallBiz.
- Full rules are available at www.SmallBusinessBigGame.com/rules/.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Elisabeth Gettelman, 650-944-2116
Jen Garcia, 415-844-6244