Press release from Business Wire
Groupon Dresses Up to Celebrate Five Years with New Website, Mobile Apps
<p class='bwalignc'> <i>New experiences deliver elevated search and personalization for customers</i> </p>
Friday, November 01, 2013
Groupon Dresses Up to Celebrate Five Years with New Website, Mobile Apps08:00 EDT Friday, November 01, 2013
CHICAGO (Business Wire) -- Groupon today announced a completely redesigned website, as well as updated versions of its popular iPhone, Android and iPad mobile apps, all with new features aimed at making it easier than ever for customers to shop Groupon's vast selection of local deals.
Groupon has a new website with features aimed at making it easier than ever for customers to shop Groupon's marketplace of deals. (Photo: Business Wire)
“In just five years, Groupon has grown from a daily deal website to a true online marketplace with a tremendous mobile following,” said Groupon CEO Eric Lefkofsky. “Our new site and mobile app makes it easier and more rewarding for customers to check Groupon first when they want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere.”
The latest versions of the website and mobile apps make it simple for customers to search and browse Groupon's tens of thousands of offers to find the exact deal they want, when they want it. In addition to a range of new search, browse, merchandising and location features, the website is now much faster and has a sophisticated new look and feel, with uncluttered presentation and bolder imagery. Together, these create a significantly enhanced shopping experience for the best deals on things to see, eat, do and buy.
Specific highlights of the new website include:
- Personalized Homepage: Curated collections of deals based on the customer's interests, previous purchases, purchases by other customers with similar interests, and provide doorways into different areas of Groupon's massive inventory of deals.
- Enhanced Search and Browse: A prominently displayed search bar at the top of every page along with type-ahead suggestions allow customers to easily find deals on demand.
- Cross-Channel Search Results: Search results span all Groupon offers from local deals to places to travel to goods to restaurant reservations and live events for the most interesting and personally relevant deals for each customer.
- Robust Search Filters: For every search or browse click, the results are displayed along with a set of easy-to-use filters that simultaneously showcase Groupon's selection of deals and enable customers to drill deeper into specific categories and collections based on their interests.
Groupon's more personalized shopping experience also extends to its iPhone, Android and iPad apps. The popular Groupon apps have been downloaded by more than 50 million people in 43 countries worldwide.
Highlights of the app updates include:
- Local Explorer – The Groupon experience now follows customers as they travel, whether a city away or to a different country. The apps now automatically detect when a mobile customer's location has changed and send a notification when they are in range of Groupon's local deals. Inside the app, local deals are automatically selected based on the customer's current location rather than just their home town.
- Enhanced UX – Like the website, the search bar has been elevated to the top of every screen to provide quick access. The redesigned iPad app also sports a new home page that, like the website's new home page, presents personalized collections of deals to explore.
- Deal “Favoriting” –iPad customers can now “favorite” deals to save them for quick and easy future reference by selecting the new heart button on the deal pages.
- Additional Markets – The iPad expansion now includes 12 additional markets: Austria, Chile, Colombia, French Canada, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Russia and Thailand.
With these faster, easier and more personalized ways for consumers to explore and buy deals, Groupon is kicking off its five-year birthday celebration. The party continues all month with special offers and a brand new Gift Shop on the website and in the iPhone and Android mobile apps. Just in time for the holiday shopping season, the Gift Shop features unique collections and gifts from local businesses, Groupon Goods and Groupon Getaways.
“Groupon" is a registered trademark of Groupon, Inc. All other names used may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. Groupon is reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deals, payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively. By leveraging the company's global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. With Groupon, shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. To subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To learn more about the company's merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.
B-roll Available: https://vimeo.com/78294337
Bill Roberts, 312.459.5191