Press release from Business Wire
This Veterans Day Convergys is on Its Way to Hiring 7,700 Veterans by the End of 2014
<p> <i>5,000 Veterans and Military Spouses Hired, Over 1,200 Are Work-at-Home Positions</i> </p>
Friday, November 08, 2013
This Veterans Day Convergys is on Its Way to Hiring 7,700 Veterans by the End of 201411:47 EST Friday, November 08, 2013
CINCINNATI (Business Wire) -- Convergys Corporation (NYSE: CVG), a global leader in customer management, is proud to announce that 5,000 veterans have joined its ranks since the beginning of 2012.
Convergys is a proud participant in the “Hiring 500,000 Heroes” campaign, which challenges businesses to hire a half-million veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014. Convergys is well on the way to meeting our hiring commitment of 7,700 veterans and military spouses by December 2014.
With locations in 18 states and opportunities to work from home, Convergys has many options for veterans and military spouses, including several Convergys locations close to military installations. Convergys' 82,000 employees in 78 locations worldwide deliver customer service for leading household brands, including those in telecommunications, retail, healthcare, and financial services.
“Convergys and our clients benefit from the exceptional work ethic and commitment to providing exemplary service that is consistently demonstrated by military service veterans and their spouses,” said Andrea Ayers, Convergys president and CEO.
“We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team,” said Adam Blumberg, Convergys vice president for global talent acquisition. “We offer site based and work-at-home employment opportunities, both of which can be a great fit for veterans, active military personnel who are making the transition from service to civilian life, and military spouses who need a portable career option that can transfer from base to base.”
Convergys Corporation recognizes the value military veterans and their families bring to our business, and are committed to hiring veterans and military spouses in the communities in which we live and work. Convergys:
Has hired 2,335 veterans and military spouses so far this year.
- 47% of these hires have been military spouses.
- Was lauded for hiring 2,655 veterans and military spouses in 2012, and recognized by the White House this year as part of First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden's Joining Forces campaign.
- Was awarded CivilianJobs.com's 2013 Most Valuable Employers for Military®.
- Home agent program offers a portable and flexible employment opportunity that especially appeals to disabled veterans and military spouses.
Convergys is proud to partner with multiple veterans organizations, including:
- Hosting monthly virtual career fairs with Veteran Recruiting Services and The Military Spouse Employment Partnership, two organizations which pair national employers with qualified, military-affiliated job seekers.
- Participating in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's “Hiring Our Heroes” Career Fairs, and CompTIA's Troops to Tech Careers partnership.
- Working closely with the Military Spouse Corporate Career Network, Military Officers Association of America, and the Wounded Warrior Project to recruit military hires.
Convergys is hiring for a variety of roles, including customer service, technical support, and sales. For more information, or if you are interested in applying for a job please visit the Convergys Careers website and submit an application at http://www.careers.convergys.com/
As a leader in customer management for over 30 years, Convergys is uniquely focused on helping companies find new ways to enhance the value of their customer relationships and deliver consistent customer experiences across all channels and geographies. Every day, our over 82,000 employees help our clients balance the demands of increasing revenue, improving customer satisfaction, and reducing overall cost using an optimal mix of agent, technology, and analytics solutions. Our actionable insight stems from handling billions of customer interactions annually for our clients. Visit www.convergys.com to learn more.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Krista Boyle, Public/Media Relations
+1 513-723-2061 or email@example.com