Press release from Business Wire
Four Small Businesses on the Goal Line in Intuit's Small Business Big Game
<p class='bwalignc'> <b>World Vote Determines Who Wins the Opportunity of a Lifetime</b> </p>
Monday, November 11, 2013
Four Small Businesses on the Goal Line in Intuit's Small Business Big Game00:01 EST Monday, November 11, 2013
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (Business Wire) -- Today, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) announced the finalists of its Small Business Big Game program, sponsored by Intuit QuickBooks. These four small businesses are all who remain in the competition to receive their very own 30-second television advertisement that will air during football's biggest game on Feb. 2. The ultimate winner will be determined by a worldwide online vote between:
- Barley Labs, of Durham, N.C. - Produces all-natural dog treats in various flavors out of recycled barley from a local brewery.
- GoldieBlox, of Oakland, Calif. – Is a toy company inspiring girls to push limits and think outside the box.
- Locally Laid Egg Company, of Duluth, Minn. - Raises hens on pasture to produce healthier poultry and eggs.
- POOP – Natural Dairy Compost, of Nampa, Idaho - Produces natural and odorless composted dairy manure for lawns, gardens and flowerbeds.
“What a wide-ranging and deserving group!” said Brad Smith, Intuit president and chief executive officer. “Tens of thousands of small businesses entered this contest, and these finalists demonstrate the breadth of entrepreneurship across the United States. Although the field is down to just four, this effort shined a light on the contributions and importance of all small business to our economy.”
In addition to vying for the ultimate prize, all four businesses score big no matter what outcome. As finalists they will receive:
- Free, lifetime use of Intuit small business solutions, including Intuit QuickBooks, payroll and payments.
- Professionally produced advertising for their business.
- A meeting and business advice from entrepreneur and reality star Bill Rancic.
- An all-expense paid trip to New York for a big game viewing party held in their honor.
Small Business Big Game kicked off July 31 and had tens of thousands of small businesses enter for the chance to win more than $25 million in rewards and offers to help them succeed. Then the field was narrowed to just 20 that Intuit's 8,000 employees around the globe voted on to determine the top four finalists. Now through Dec. 1, anyone can visit www.SmallBusinessBigGame.com to cast a vote for the business they want to make it to the end zone this February.
The Fine Print
- See the reaction of the contestants when Bill Rancic reveals that they have made it to the top four: http://youtu.be/tNf5BEHZ7wI
- More information on the top four is available on the Small Business Big Game website at www.SmallBusinessBigGame.com.
- To join the Small Business Big Game social conversation, share on Facebook and Twitter using #TeamSmallBiz.
- Full rules are available at www.SmallBusinessBigGame.com/rules/
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Elisabeth Gettelman, 415-238-1915
Jen Garcia, 415-828-2514