Press release from Business Wire
Reliant Creates New Holiday Tradition Illuminating the AT&T Performing Arts Center
<p class='bwalignc'> <i><b>Southwest Airlines</b>®<b> To Host Concert Featuring Recording Star Jack Ingram and Fireworks Spectacular</b></i> </p> <p class='bwalignc'> </p>
Monday, November 18, 2013
Reliant Creates New Holiday Tradition Illuminating the AT&T Performing Arts Center11:26 EST Monday, November 18, 2013
DALLAS (Business Wire) -- Reliant will light up a new holiday tradition at the AT&T Performing Arts Center on Friday, December 6.
- The Reliant Lights Your Holidays event will feature a dazzling display of lights on the Center's iconic venues and trees in Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park as well as a snow-filled play area .
- Southwest Airlines Holiday Concert and Fireworks Spectacular will headline with country star Jack Ingram and the largest fireworks display ever held at the Center.
Mayor Mike Rawlings will be joined by Sicily Dickenson, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Reliant, to help flip the switch and illuminate 250,000 holiday lights across the Center's campus. The length of the lighted strands would stretch 6.54 miles and are highly energy efficient LEDs custom made for the Center. The lights, which will remain on throughout the holiday season, will outline the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre, and 72 trees in Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park.
“Fun and unique holiday events like these are important to establishing downtown as a place where people want to live and work,” Mayor Rawlings said. “The lights, fireworks and snow-filled playground will really make the AT&T Performing Arts Center all the more magical. We are thrilled that Reliant is making this possible in the heart of the Dallas Arts District and look forward to this becoming an annual event.”
Reliant's sponsorship kicks off a three-year partnership with the Center for this extensive holiday showcase. Reliant is the Official Energy Provider of the AT&T Performing Arts Center, and the holiday event represents an opportunity for Reliant to be part of the larger Dallas community.
“Community involvement is such an important part of what we stand for at Reliant, and we are thrilled to help bring such a bright and fun holiday event to Dallas,” said Reliant's Dickenson. “The lights and music will delight everyone at the AT&T Performing Arts Center and kick off a beautiful season.”
In addition to the lighting display, on Dec. 6, Reliant Lights Your Holidays will include an entertaining lineup and festive activities.
- Texas-born country star Jack Ingram is the headliner for the night. Ingram, whose hits include “Wherever You Are” and “Barefoot and Crazy” will perform on the main stage at 6:15 p.m. Southwest Airlines is sponsoring the performance.
- An elaborate fireworks program, sponsored by Southwest Airlines, will cap the lighting ceremony. The fireworks show will be the largest ever held at the Center.
- Additional special guest artists include the Dallas Symphony Orchestra Brass Quintet and characters from the Dallas Theater Center's production of A Christmas Carol singing holiday tunes.
- A children's winter play area will feature 2,400 cubic feet of snow on top of the Donor Reflecting Pool. Children are encouraged to don coats and gloves, climb in the snow and have fun.
- A special Reliant holiday photo scene has been created for photos using the Winspear Opera House as a backdrop. Families are invited to use the staging for their holiday photos. It will remain up throughout the season.
- The Dallas Zoo is bringing some of its most popular animals for kids to enjoy.
- The Master of Ceremony for Reliant Lights Your Holidays will be Jody Dean from KLUV-FM's popular Jody Dean and the Morning Team.
The festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. with holiday music, Dallas Zoo Animal Adventures, the snow play area and food trucks. Free pictures with Santa are available, as well as the special Reliant holiday photo scene. Southwest Porch will offer drinks, snacks and a place to relax. Pearl Cup Coffee will also be open in the Information Center.
Immediately following the lighting ceremony, several performances will take place in the Arts District. Texas Ballet Theater will perform The Nutcracker in the Winspear Opera House; Dallas Theater Center will be hosting the opening night of A Christmas Carol – the first time the classic production has been performed in the Wyly Theatre; and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra will launch its Christmas series at the Meyerson Symphony Center. Tickets for all three productions can be purchased at www.attpac.org.
Reliant Lights Your Holidays
|5:00 p.m.||Festival begins|
|Children's Craft Area|
|Reliant Photo Stage|
|Dallas Zoo Animal Adventures|
|Free photos with Santa|
|Southwest Porch in Sammons Park|
|Pearl Cup Coffee|
Christmas carols by Dallas Theater Center cast of A Christmas Carol
|6:00 p.m.||Dallas Symphony Orchestra Brass Quintet|
|6:15 p.m.||Country star Jack Ingram|
|7:00 p.m.||Mayor Mike Rawlings, Sicily Dickenson, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Reliant|
|7:05 p.m.||Holiday lights and fireworks|
About the AT&T Performing Arts Center
The AT&T Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit foundation that operates and programs three premier performance venues and a 10-acre park for music, opera, theatre and dance in the heart of downtown Dallas. The Center also makes performance art accessible to local students through its education program, Open Stages. Opened in October 2009, the Center helped complete the 30-year vision of the Dallas Arts District. The Center includes:
- The Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, designed by Foster + Partners of London in a modern horseshoe configuration, seats 2,200. Its acoustics are considered among the best in the world.
- The Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre designed by REX/OMA, Joshua Prince-Ramus (partner in charge) and Rem Koolhaas, seats up to 575 and uses a super-fly system to change rapidly the performance hall's configuration to proscenium, thrust or flat floor.
- The Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park, designed by Michel Desvigne, is a lush urban park that unifies the Center's venues.
- Annette Strauss Square, designed by Foster + Partners, is the Center's outdoor entertainment venue.
- Two underground parking areas accommodate more than 850 vehicles.
The Center's Resident Companies are: The Dallas Opera, Dallas Theater Center, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, Texas Ballet Theater and Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico. The Center also has a partnership with TITAS, the premier performing arts presenter in Dallas.
More information on the AT&T Performing Arts Center is available at www.attpac.org.
Reliant provides electricity, smart energy solutions, and energy services to business and residential customers across Texas. Reliant is part of NRG (NYSE: NRG), a Fortune 500 company that is at the forefront of changing how people think about, buy and use energy. Backed by a diverse portfolio of about 100 power generating facilities that can support over 40 million homes nationwide, NRG's retail businesses, including Reliant, collectively comprise Texas' largest retail energy provider and serves more than 2 million customers in 10 states and the District of Columbia. For more information about Reliant products and services, please visit www.reliant.com. Connect with Reliant on Facebook at www.facebook.com/reliantenergy and on Twitter @reliantenergy.
About Southwest Airlines
In its 43rd year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 45,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Southwest is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded, and including wholly-owned subsidiary, AirTran Airways, operates the largest fleet of Boeing aircraft in the world to serve 96 destinations in 41 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and five near-international countries. Southwest is one of the most honored airlines in the world, known for its triple bottom line approach that takes into account the carrier's performance and productivity, the importance of its People and the communities it serves, and its commitment to efficiency and the planet. The 2012 Southwest Airlines One Report™ can be found at southwest.com/citizenship.
Cindy Evans, (214) 212-0599