Press release from Business Wire
eBay Enterprise Introduces Ship-From-Store Solution Deployable in 99 Days
<p> <i>Customizable system provides retailers and brands with the tools for omnichannel distribution</i> </p>
Monday, January 13, 2014
eBay Enterprise Introduces Ship-From-Store Solution Deployable in 99 Days09:00 EST Monday, January 13, 2014
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. (Business Wire) -- eBay Enterprise, an eBay Inc. company, and leading global provider of omnichannel solutions, including commerce technologies, order management, retail operations and marketing services, today announced the availability of a Ship-from-Store SaaS solution: a game-changing initiative that retailers can deploy within 99 days to most effectively leverage their physical store inventories while gaining advantages in margin and shipping cost. eBay Enterprise was first to market with its holistic, integrated back-end technology that provides retailers with one comprehensive inventory system delivered at an unparalleled rate.
Effective omnichannel capabilities significantly boost sales, enhance the consumer experience and improve customer retention rates. With 77% of consumers expecting retailers to provide a consistent, integrated experience between their in-store and online channels, ship-from-store and in-store pickup will empower retailers to continue to compete in an omnichannel landscape and meet their customers' evolving needs.
Ship-from-Store benefits for both retailers and consumers include:
- Decreased delivery costs and times for customers by routing shipments from the nearest possible physical location.
- Optimized order fulfillment through physical storefront inventory, expediting the ability for retailers to debut new products.
- Maintain profit margins by turning store inventory online, as opposed to in-store merchandise markdowns to move inventory.
“Every day that retailers do not utilize in-store inventory to augment their online sales, they lose opportunities to maximize their existing inventory and increase their bottom line profitability by avoiding markdowns,” said Tobias Hartmann, head of omnichannel operations, eBay Enterprise. “With the eBay Enterprise Ship-from-Store solution, retailers can quickly turn their physical retail locations into virtual distribution centers.”
Across its client portfolio, eBay Enterprise is seeing the significant impact of omnichannel solutions:
- Ship-From-Store is now live for 2,756 stores, 30 brands, 22 retailers in 13 countries.
- Based on client data, eBay Enterprise customers can experience over 30% margin increase on items nearing markdown.
- Consumers experience expedited delivery with over 80% of ship-from-store orders shipped in one day and 96% shipped in two days.
- Ship-From-Store has saved nearly 10 million orders equating to $640 million that would otherwise be lost sales to out-of-stock situations.
Learn how companies can provide a superior consumer experience with Ship-From-Store.
About eBay Enterprise
eBay Enterprise is a leading global provider of omnichannel solutions, including commerce technologies, order management, retail operations and marketing services. Our comprehensive and modular solutions enable brands and retailers of all sizes to deliver consistent consumer experiences across digital and physical retail touch points throughout the entire purchase lifecycle by engaging potential customers, converting browsers into buyers and delivering products with speed and quality. Our expertise in commerce and omnichannel solutions provide our clients with the flexibility and control they need to accelerate sales growth and win with today's digitally connected consumer. eBay Enterprise is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pa. and has major service offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, Los Angeles and New York. eBay Enterprise is an eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY) company. More information can be found at www.ebayenterprise.com and www.magento.com.
Kelly Henry, 610-491-7474
Director, Corporate Communications