Press release from Marketwire
Suncor Energy and the Walrus Foundation present The Walrus Talks Energy
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Suncor Energy and the Walrus Foundation present The Walrus Talks Energy17:07 EDT Thursday, September 26, 2013
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Sept. 26, 2013) - The Walrus Talks Energy, presented by Suncor Energy, features eighty minutes of lively, thoughtful ideas on our sustainable energy future, the challenges of energy production, ideas and inventions that will change the world.
|What:||The Walrus Talks Energy, presented by Suncor Energy|
|When:||Tuesday, October 1 at 6 p.m.|
|Where:||Moyse Hall Theatre, McGill University|
|845 Sherbrooke Street W, Montreal|
|Who:||The Walrus Talks Energy features talks by:|
- The Institute for Science, Society and Policy's Peter Calamai on the energy conundrum
- The Globe and Mail's Sophie Cousineau on political climate
- Dunsky Energy Consulting's Philippe Dunsky on finding efficiency
- Lumos Energy's Chris Henderson on Aboriginal power
- The University of Calgary's David Layzell on visualizing Canadian energy systems
- McGill University's Zetian Mi on lighting the way
- Queen's University's Bryne Purchase on pricing energy
- Student Energy's Kali Taylor on mobilizing for change
In addition to the event speakers, the following people will be available for interviews:
- Eric Axford, executive vice president, Business Services, Suncor Energy
- Shelley Ambrose, executive director, the Walrus Foundation
Tickets are $15 for the general public and $10 for students. Purchase your tickets at http://thewalrustalksenergy.eventbrite.ca/.
All Canadians can take part in the ongoing conversation about energy in Canada and the rest of the world through a Walrus-hosted live stream online conversation at http://thewalrus.ca/the-walrus-talks-energy-montreal/.
Suncor Energy is Canada's leading integrated energy company. Suncor's operations include oil sands development and upgrading, conventional and offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. While working to responsibly develop petroleum resources, Suncor is also developing a growing renewable energy portfolio. Suncor's common shares (symbol: SU) are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
For more information about Suncor Energy please visit our web site at www.suncor.com, follow us on Twitter @SuncorEnergy or read our blog, OSQAR.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
The Walrus Foundation