Press release from CNW Group
CIBC Launches Significant Enhancements to Aventura Travel Rewards Program
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
CIBC Launches Significant Enhancements to Aventura Travel Rewards Program15:41 EDT Tuesday, October 01, 2013
Enhancements will allow Aventura clients to earn more and fly faster, with the added benefit of travel insurance
TORONTO, Oct. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) today announced the exciting launch of our enhanced Aventura Travel Rewards Program, which allows clients to redeem their Aventura Points for travel on any airline, access every seat on the plane, and pay for flight taxes and fees with their points.
In addition to the flexibility for clients to fly where they want, when they want, the Aventura program offers a number of further enhancements including:
- A special bonus of up to 30,000 Aventura Points to get clients started.
- An enhanced Aventura Airline Rewards Chart, which will allow clients to enjoy new flight redemption values starting January 1, 2014.
- Short-haul flights will be available for as low as 10,000 Aventura Points, and long-haul flights to destinations across North America will be available starting at 25,000 Aventura Points.
- The ability to earn more points, faster: Earn 1.5 Aventura Points on purchases at gas stations, grocery and drug stores.
- And, comprehensive insurance coverage: New trip cancellation insurance to protect clients from the unexpected when they book travel, in addition to trip interruption and travel medical insurance, including travel medical insurance for Canadians 65 and over.
Other highlights of the CIBC Aventura Travel Rewards Program include:
- Every Seat, Any Airline: Get the flight you want, on the date you want.
- No Cash Required: You can redeem your available Aventura Points for full airfare, including taxes and fees.
- Freedom & Flexibility: Use points on any airline or any kind of travel - no blackouts or expiry.
- Points on All Purchases: Earn 1 Aventura Point for every $1 spent using your card.
"Our new CIBC Aventura lineup was developed based on extensive research with Canadians on what they want in a travel rewards program," said David Williamson, Senior Executive Vice-President and Group Head, Retail and Business Banking, CIBC.
"Canadians told us they want to earn points quickly, with the flexibility to use these points to fly where they want, when they want, and even cover the taxes and fees for their flight. We're excited to be delivering on their needs by adding our enhanced Aventura Travel Rewards Program to our credit card lineup."
CIBC's Aventura Travel Rewards Program Built on Feedback from Rewards Collectors
With so many travel rewards options available from airlines and financial institutions, Canadians have become savvy about the pros and cons of the various programs in the market. Drawing on their input on what they value most, the enhanced CIBC Aventura program was created.
"In building the CIBC Aventura Travel Rewards Program, we sat down with clients and Canadians from across the country, listened to their feedback about current travel rewards programs, and built the enhanced Aventura program with their wish list in mind," said Mr. Williamson.
With today's launch, CIBC offers clients choice in the market for travel rewards, giving clients the opportunity to choose the rewards program that best meets their needs.
Marketing Campaign Launches Today
To support the Aventura card, CIBC also announced that it is launching a national, multi-channel marketing campaign aimed at highlighting the benefits of the enhanced Aventura Travel Rewards Program. The campaign, themed "So good even penguins can fly", will feature print and broadcast advertising, as well as exciting contests that will leverage social media.
Canadians Can Apply Now
CIBC Aventura credit cards are available today. Complete details about the CIBC Aventura credit card lineup can be found by visiting CIBC.com, calling 1-800-465-CIBC, or visiting the nearest CIBC branch.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Press Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
Image with caption: "CIBC launches the new Aventura Travel Rewards Program, allowing clients to earn more and fly faster (CNW Group/CIBC)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131001_C5948_PHOTO_EN_31583.jpg
Image with caption: "David Williamson, Senior Executive Vice-President and Group Head, Retail and Business Banking, CIBC speaks at the launch of the new CIBC Aventura Travel Rewards Program (CNW Group/CIBC)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131001_C5948_PHOTO_EN_31585.jpg
For further information:
Kevin Dove, Head of External Communications, CIBC, 416-980-8835, Kevin.email@example.com