Press release from CNW Group
The Home Depot Canada to Hire 6,300 Associates for Spring Season
Wednesday, February 05, 2014
The Home Depot Canada to Hire 6,300 Associates for Spring Season07:00 EST Wednesday, February 05, 2014
First Ever National Hiring Day On February 12, 2014
TORONTO, Feb. 5, 2014 /CNW/ - The Home Depot® Canada is currently hiring 6,300 associates across all 180 locations to support its busiest season, spring.
"Spring gives us the opportunity to find the best associates, who are passionate about customer service," said Bill Lennie president, The Home Depot Canada. "From Vancouver to St. John's, we are about building meaningful, sustainable careers."
Starting today, The Home Depot Canada has 500 career events scheduled across Canada. In addition, The Home Depot Canada will host its very first National Hiring Day on February 12, from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. at all Home Depot Canada locations. Potential candidates are invited to walk-in to any Home Depot store across Canada to learn more about available employment opportunities.
The company is hiring full-time, part-time and seasonal positions, such as sales associates, cashiers, design professionals, department supervisors and night operators. Job opportunities are available on a market-by-market basis and are based on individual store needs.
"The Home Depot Canada lives by its core values, including taking care of its people," said Kim Forgues, vice president, human resources, communications and sustainability, The Home Depot Canada. "That's why we continue to invest in our 28,000 associates across the country. We want to ensure our customers continue to receive the value they deserve, while being provided with first class customer service."
Job seekers interested in working at The Home Depot Canada should visit the career website at www.homedepot.ca/jobs to view all current openings and scheduled career events.
- Eligible full and part-time employees have access to competitive benefits, including company-paid health and dental benefits, profit-sharing programs, tuition reimbursement and employee assistance programs.
- The Home Depot Canada delivers more than one million hours of training each year, reaching all 28,000 associates across the country.
- We support and promote diversity as part of our core values. Our ongoing commitment to our associates and communities to provide an environment that is, and feels, inclusive for all.
- Last year The Home Depot Canada associates volunteered more than 60,000 hours on community projects through the Team Depot program.
About The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,263 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2012, The Home Depot had sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. The Company employs more than 300,000 associates. The Home Depot's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index.
SOURCE The Home Depot Canada
For further information:
PR Specialist, The Home Depot Canada
(416) 412-4110 / Mobile (416) 648-0788