Press release from CNW Group
Bell Business Markets announces major enhancement to Québec's largest data centre
Friday, July 31, 2015
Bell Business Markets announces major enhancement to Québec's largest data centre10:00 EDT Friday, July 31, 2015
- Montréal centre's capacity increased to 6.8 megawatts of critical IT load across expanded 60,000 square foot facility
- Bell offers business customers access to Canada's largest network of data hosting and cloud computing centres
MONTRÉAL, July 31, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell Business Markets today launched a 10,000 square foot (929 m²) expansion of its data hosting facility in Montréal, already the largest data centre in Québec, that supports an IT load capacity increase of 1.2 megawatts (MW). Providing secure and reliable data hosting solutions to a broad range of Québec business customers, Bell's Montréal centre now offers a total capacity of 6.8 MW in a 60,000 square foot (5,574 m²) location.
"Bell's Montréal data centre expansion reinforces our leadership in Canadian hosting, connectivity and cloud services, and it will play a significant role in supporting business technology growth in Québec," said Adel Bazerghi, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Bell Business Markets. "Strategically located across Canada, Bell's data centre network offers business customers unparalleled capacity, scalability and reliability for the latest data hosting and cloud computing solutions."
Together with Bell Aliant and Q9 Networks, Bell Business Markets offers customers access to 27 data centres across Canada, including 3 in Québec, and now has the capacity to support more than 39 MW of critical IT load, more than any other data centre operator in Canada.
Bell data centres offer a range of co-location and virtual data centre hosting solutions backed by:
- Reliability: Exceptional reliability ensures customers' IT infrastructure is always available for their mission-critical applications. Bell offers 100% power and network availability, backed by comprehensive service level agreements.
- Performance: A high-performing network is essential for connecting to data centres. Bell operates the country's largest broadband fibre optic network.
- Security: Stringent physical security includes video surveillance, controlled access, and 24/7 on-site security and centralized monitoring.
- Service: As part of the largest support team in the country, Bell has unparalleled expertise in delivering secure and reliable hosting services to businesses, including capacity planning, provisioning, installation, and configuration.
For more information about Bell's data centre services, please visit Bell.ca/DataCentre.
Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing consumers and business customers with wireless, TV, Internet, home phone and business communications services. Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, out of home, and digital media. Bell is wholly owned by Montréal's BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE). For more information, please visit Bell.ca.
The Bell Let's Talk initiative promotes Canadian mental health with national awareness and anti-stigma campaigns, like Clara's Big Ride for Bell Let's Talk and Bell Let's Talk Day, and significant Bell funding of community care and access, research, and workplace initiatives. To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
Bell Media Relations
SOURCE Bell Canada