Press release from PR Newswire
Lockheed Martin Cyber Security Programs Achieve Significant Milestones
Wednesday, October 02, 2013
Lockheed Martin Cyber Security Programs Achieve Significant Milestones10:00 EDT Wednesday, October 02, 2013
GAITHERSBURG, Md., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) achieved several significant cyber security accomplishments in slightly more than a year, solidifying the corporation's position as a leader in cyber security.
As the leading provider of cyber security solutions to the Federal Government, Lockheed Martin takes an intelligence-driven defense approach to protecting the nation's most critical assets. The company has invested in partnerships with members of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Security Alliance, a team of 19 world-class commercial IT companies, and leveraged advances within its three global NexGen Cyber Innovation and Technology Centers to innovate solutions to hard challenges.
"Because October is national Cyber Security Awareness Month, it is an important time to recognize that cyber threats are among the most challenging global securities issues we face," said Charles Croom, vice president of cyber security solutions, Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions. "At Lockheed Martin, we not only focus on reducing and managing current risks to our systems and those of our customers, but we also anticipate the cyber threats of tomorrow. The accomplishments we've achieved in the past year have better enabled our customers to protect information and systems vital to our national security."
- In June of 2012, the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) chose Lockheed Martin to manage the transformation of the Department of Defense's global data network. This network is the largest of three DISA Global Systems Management contracts. It provides programmatic, operations, and engineering services; material; equipment; and facilities to support the lifecycle management, operation and cyber defense of the network.
- Lockheed Martin was selected to deliver a full range of technical, functional, and managerial support to the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center. This organization provides vital assistance in the investigation of criminal, counterintelligence and counterterrorism matters, as well as cyber security support to Defense Industrial Base partners.
- Several cross domain solution products developed by Lockheed Martin were added to the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) schedule as cyber systems and services. The GSA Schedule is the most widely used government contract vehicle focused solely on procuring goods and services. Lockheed Martin's cross domain solutions allow data to be exchanged across all security domains by users with different levels of security clearance.
- In February, Lockheed Martin and Fixmo, Inc. integrated technologies to provide a new level of secure authentication for consumer grade mobile devices with unparalleled ease of use by joining forces with Fixmo's SafeZone? and Lockheed Martin's Mandrake SG? technology. Lockheed Martin's Mandrake SG? technology enables smartphone and tablet users to authenticate into Fixmo SafeZone? with a simple, user-defined gesture, which has been proven to be more secure and far easier to use than a 14-character complex, randomly generated password.
- Lockheed Martin signed a Memorandum of Agreement with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to become a Commercial Services Provider in the Enhanced Cybersecurity Services program. The agreement formalized a relationship that allows DHS to provide government-furnished information to Lockheed Martin to support efforts in defending critical infrastructure against cyber security attacks.
- In April, Lockheed Martin hosted emerging cyber leaders from U.S. and Canadian military service academies to test their capabilities against experts from the National Security Agency in the annual Cyber Defense Exercise (CDX). Lockheed Martin coordinated with NSA to establish a private network for the exercise, which linked all the academies with CDX headquarters at the Lockheed Martin facility in Hanover.
- Lockheed Martin celebrated the opening of a new Cyber Center of Excellence April 24, with employees, customers and industry partners receiving tours of the state-of-the-art facility as well as technology demonstrations. In addition to system labs and employee training rooms, the facility contains an Advanced Innovation Center. This center utilizes the breadth of Lockheed Martin's capabilities and investments so the team can rapidly develop and provide solutions to customers' most critical mission needs.
- In August, Lockheed Martin was authorized as a provider of cyber security information technology (IT) services and tools for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program to defend federal and other government IT networks from threats. The tools ensure that unclassified government networks will be constantly scanned for threats, defended from attacks and audited for performance. Federal agencies and state, local, tribal and territorial governments can implement CDM.
- Chandra McMahon was appointed Vice President of Commercial Markets for Lockheed Martin's Information Systems and Global Solutions business. She is responsible for leading Lockheed Martin's unique Cyber Security capabilities and associated portfolio of information technology solutions including Cloud, Big Data and Mobility to our commercial clients.
Lockheed Martin will sponsor the Washington Post Cyber Security Summit on Oct. 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The event will bring together national security officials and industry experts to discuss efforts to defend the nation's critical infrastructure, financial systems, and intellectual property. To learn more and to register, go to www.washingtonpostlive.com.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 116,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion.
For additional information, visit our website: http://www.lockheedmartin.com
SOURCE Lockheed Martin
For further information: Scott Lusk, (240) 274-3554; email: email@example.com; or Mary Phillips, (240) 252-9425; email: firstname.lastname@example.org