Press release from PR Newswire
ARRIS to Demonstrate Transformative Content Delivery Solutions at TV Connect MENA
Sunday, November 03, 2013
ARRIS to Demonstrate Transformative Content Delivery Solutions at TV Connect MENA00:01 EDT Sunday, November 03, 2013
Innovation for Middle Eastern service providers - in the cloud, network, and home
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Nov. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At booth #24 at TV Connect MENA (5-6th Nov. Dubai), ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) will demonstrate its solutions across the cloud, network, and home that transform the way that Middle Eastern service providers can deliver tomorrow's entertainment experiences.
Consumers are demanding the best entertainment experiences, but today's complex device ecosystems pose considerable delivery challenges. According to a 2013 ARRIS study, three quarters of consumers in the UAE are loading content to mobile devices for multiscreen consumption.
"ARRIS has a transformative portfolio of solutions for Middle Eastern service providers that empowers them to deliver the experiences that consumers demand today, while anticipating the ones they'll want tomorrow," said Alper Turken, Sales, EMEA South, ARRIS. "ARRIS will show visitors to the TV Connect MENA event how we can address all the challenges prompted by UltraHD and multiscreen delivery, the monetization of services and the growing connected device ecosystem."
Delivering Your Media, Your WayARRIS addresses consumer demand for more personalized, relevant, and multiscreen experiences. At TV Connect MENA visitors will see how ARRIS is simplifying the multiscreen experience, enabling service providers to deliver experiences that drive customer attention, loyalty and revenue, across all networks and devices.
- DreamGallery? multiscreen UI provides the flexibility to meet rapidly changing subscriber and competitive demands. This flexibility will be demonstrated by integrating a 3rd party application from EditTV which will show a sports video tagging & navigation experience on the companion device.
- Merchandiser enables marketing of content across multiple screens to enhance revenue with relevant, personalized promotions, bundled offerings and recommendations.
Powering Smarter NetworksARRIS is focused on delivering the highest-quality video experiences with its portfolio of innovative video compression, transcoding, and bandwidth optimization technologies delivering new operational efficiencies. These powerful network solutions bring together leading technology, innovation, and expertise to prepare networks for the future, while addressing the needs of today
- UltraHD content encoded in HEVC will be shown decoded on a set-top device. UltraHD offers an enhanced, 'immersive' viewing experience, but requires four times the bandwidth of HD. ARRIS provides solutions to both increase network capacity and reduce bandwidth demands using the new High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard. Demonstrations will show the bandwidth and quality improvements of HEVC encoded HD content using the recently announced SE-7000 encoder.
- The ARRIS GT-3 MBR Transcoder will demonstrate advanced encoding and adaptive bit rate capabilities required for tomorrow's multiscreen experiences.
Transforming the Entertainment ExperienceAs the Middle East embraces the path to multiscreen, ARRIS gateways and set-tops provide service providers with a variety of choices for getting there. ARRIS CPEs address consumer demand for video, broadband, and telephony, while ensuring that today's hardware will scale to tomorrow's connected home
- See the latest ARRIS open-system and Mediaroom IPTV set-top devices and accessories
- Addressing the ever-growing desire to take video content out of the living room and beyond the confines of the home, ARRIS will demonstrate its expertise in wireless video, with products such as the VIP1113W and VAP3400 video bridge that deliver the freedom for consumers to connect the set-top to gateway without wires. ARRIS' wireless video products use the latest Wi-Fi 802.11ac, optimised for video delivery for a better consumer experience.
About ARRISARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect ? with each other and with their favorite content. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world. For more information: www.arrisi.com
ARRIS and the ARRIS Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © ARRIS Enterprises, Inc. 2013. All rights reserved.
SOURCE ARRIS Group, Inc.
For further information: Gemma Goatly, +44 7970 882994, email@example.com