Press release from PR Newswire
Kroger Announces $150 Million Capital Investment in Dallas-Fort Worth
Friday, November 08, 2013
Kroger Announces $150 Million Capital Investment in Dallas-Fort Worth09:02 EST Friday, November 08, 2013
One of the nation's fastest growing grocery retailers to open five new Marketplace stores and expand the size of three existing locations in North Texas over the next two years
DALLAS and FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kroger (NYSE: KR) ? the market share leader among traditional grocers in Dallas-Fort Worth?is expanding its presence in one of the largest metropolitan regions in the United States. Over the next 24 months, Kroger will invest $150 million in North Texas to build five new Marketplace stores and to expand three locations, along with opening multiple fuel centers and remodeling existing properties. The growth initiative will create more than 1,700 full- and part-time career opportunities that offer competitive pay, healthcare plans, retirement options, product discounts and other incentives.
"Kroger is a company that is focused on smart, strategic growth and providing a highly-satisfied customer shopping experience. Dallas is a market that continues to attract new residents and retailers because of its economic strength and stability," says Bill Breetz, president of Kroger Southwest. "We've operated here since 1958. In that period, we've grown our footprint to 85 stores and 43 fuel centers. We've successfully reached this point by closely monitoring the unique needs of this market and evolving to meet the requests of our customers."
New Store Locations:
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center ? F.M. 548 and U.S. Highway 80 in Forney, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2014.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center ? F.M. 407 and McMakin Road in Bartonville, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center ? Precinct Line and North Tarrant Parkway in North Richland Hills, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center ? Josey Lane and U.S. Highway 121 in Lewisville, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center ? F.M. 4 and U.S. Highway 377 in Granbury, Texas. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
Expansion Store Locations:
- Kroger Signature ? 2709 Cross Timbers Road in Flower Mound, Texas. Addition of 22,000 square feet and a new fuel center. Scheduled Completion: 4th quarter of 2013.
- Kroger Signature ? 7505 North MacArthur Boulevard in Irving, Texas. Addition of 37,000 square feet and expansion of an existing fuel center. Scheduled Completion: 2014.
- Kroger Signature ? 2935 Ridge Road in Rockwall, Texas. Addition of 17,000 square feet. Scheduled Completion: 2014.
About KrogerThe Kroger Southwest Division operates 211 stores, 201 pharmacies and 116 fuel centers in Texas and Louisiana and is part of one of the nation's largest retail grocery chains serving customers in 31 states. For more than 125 years, Kroger has emphasized a customer-first approach to providing quality products, value pricing, outstanding service and an exceptional shopping experience. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the supermarket retailer is dedicated to making a difference in the communities it serves by supporting hunger relief, education, health and wellness, and diversity programs. Resulting from the retailer's philanthropic commitment, Forbes magazine lists Kroger as the most generous company in America. For more information about Kroger, please visit www.kroger.com, Facebook or Twitter.
CONTACTS:Gary Huddlestongary.email@example.com(972) 670-6814 cell; (972) 785-6004 direct
Kristal Howardkristal.firstname.lastname@example.org(713) 299-6863 cell; (713) 507-6197 direct
SOURCE Kroger Southwest