Press release from PR Newswire
RadioShack Picks Six Tech Trends Expected to Dominate Black Friday through Cyber Monday - and Beyond
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
RadioShack Picks Six Tech Trends Expected to Dominate Black Friday through Cyber Monday - and Beyond11:35 EST Wednesday, November 27, 2013
FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack today revealed the six top tech trends it expects to dominate the most celebrated Christmas shopping weekend, running from Black Friday through Cyber Monday, and through end of year.
"Based on early trends and our knowledge of the consumer electronics marketplace, RadioShack predicts six trends will top tech-lovers' wish lists this year," said Paul Rutenis, chief merchandising officer at RadioShack. "Whether you're buying Christmas gifts or treating yourself, you can't go wrong with speakers and headphones, digital fitness, DIY, RC toys, pre-paid mobile, or tablets."
Stop by your local RadioShack and RadioShack.com to pick up the season's best sellers:
- Speakers & Headphones: Music and sound accessories are one of the hottest growth categories as many turn to smartphones and tablets as their main music source. Bluetooth speakers now come in all shapes and colors and feature new innovations this year, such as Heist Mode on the DECK by SOL REPUBLIC x Motorola and the addition of Sonic Emotion Absolute 3D Sound Technology to other top sellers. Headphones have also boomed with options designed to deliver both fashion and function. Look for audio brands such as SOL REPUBLIC, Beats by Dr. Dre, JBL, Skullcandy and AUVIO (only at RadioShack.)
- Digital Fitness: Wearable tech has raced to the top of many gift lists. With New Year's resolutions just around the bend, RadioShack expects wristbands introduced this year like the Fitbit Force and Fitbit Flex as top sellers. The Fitbit Force will arrive just in time for Christmas, visit your nearest store, call or go online for availability.
- Remote Control Toys: RadioShack continues to be the nation's RC headquarters. In addition to ever-popular RC cars and trucks, RadioShack predicts flight toys, miniature robots and customization will be tops in the category this year. In fact, RadioShack recently brought together DIY and RC know-how with the reintroduction of its exclusive XMODS Custom RC line. Just pick up one of three car starter kits and select your accessories to get in on the action. Learn more about RC toys available at RadioShack here.
- Do-It-Yourself: The booming Maker movement has shown that DIY is where it's at. RadioShack's reputation as a DIY destination makes it the go-to resource for this top trend. Gift ideas range from stuffing stockings with hobby kits to the pieces and parts needed for major projects.
- Smartphone Options: Going no-contract climbed the cool scale in 2013, thanks to the arrival of hot handsets and the chance to save up to $900 a year. And pre-paid phones make gifting a phone easy as can be. Consider the Samsung Galaxy S4 on RadioShack No-Contract Wireless, which arrived just this month, and find many more pre-paid options at RadioShack. And if upgrading phones at the end of a mobile contract is on the agenda this holiday, check out the hottest handsets and mix of carrier plans available at RadioShack.
- Tablets: Tablets are a trend RadioShack predicts will continue thanks to new introductions by the hottest brands like Apple and Samsung. That makes this holiday a great time to find a deal on the Kindle Fire HD, for example, which RadioShack will have on Black Friday for $139.99. Recent Android tablet entries sure to sell briskly this holiday season include the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and the Kindle Fire HDX, which will arrive in RadioShack stores in the first half of December. This year also brought a new wave of great value-priced Android tablets, like the Trio Stealth Pro 7" 4GB Android Tablet, which is just $49.99 at RadioShack for Black Friday.
Hot holiday trends aren't limited to these categories. The best shopping experience also includes customer service and convenience. In addition to easy-to-shop neighborhood locations, expert advice and hot product categories, RadioShack added the following this year:
- Get $10 Holiday Cash back for every $50 you spend now through Dec. 31
- Consumers can count on us for the best deals this holiday and match competitors' advertised prices with our new Price Match Guarantee. See store for details and exclusions.
- Buy the "IT Happens" protection plan with industry-leading features including immediate in-store replacement for most products less than $300, repair on devices more than $300, a simple claim process, and coverage from accidents.
Find Deal Details & More
Find more details about Black Friday deals in RadioShack's current circular, available online. Black Friday deals go live online Thanksgiving Day and are available in-store at most locations 8 a.m. ? 9 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29 and during regular hours on Saturday, Nov. 30.
To discover the company's Cyber Monday "24 Deals in 24 Hours" as they are revealed, visit RadioShack's holiday hub at www.radioshack.com/holiday or follow the company on Twitter @RadioShack. The holiday hub also features gift guides, tips and the latest RadioShack news.
NOTE: Chief Merchandising Officer Paul Rutenis and Chief Marketing Officer Jennifer Warren are available for select interviews to discuss retail, consumer electronics and holiday marketing trends. RadioShack locations and local spokespeople are also available for filming or interviews on Friday, November 29, and throughout the holiday season. Contact the RadioShack Media Hotline Media.Relations@RadioShack.com to request an interview.
About RadioShack CorporationRadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, over 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com